What's the value of this watch?

Hey ya'll, just wanted to ask if any of you had any idea about the value of this watch.

Story behind it: My uncle had close ties to the former Sultan of Oman (Qaboos bin Said) and a family member of the Sultan gave this as a gift to my uncle. My uncle then gifted it to my father (this was around 15 years ago). My father passed it on to me, and now I'm wondering what it's value is. I went to an Omega authorized dealer in my area, and they couldn't help (They said that they rarely see constellation models and told me to check reddit + omega forums to see if I can get answers for this. We did a gold test, and it's 14k gold on the outer bars and the actual watch bracelet, but the bezel is stainless steel.

I'm in Canada - Eastern Ontario region, if anyone knows anybody in this area that can help, that would be great. Any feedback is appreciated.

I looked everywhere online to find something similar, but nothing specific to this model + khanjar print.

Thanks!

I would just look for comparable sales on eBay. Not asking prices but sales, using the advanced search feature. I doubt that the custom engraving will affect the value too much one way or the other.

I would just look for comparable sales on eBay. Not asking prices but sales, using the advanced search feature. I doubt that the custom engraving will affect the value too much one way or the other.
Thank you so much for your response. Will look into it now!

I would say to keep it for the history behind the watch and do not try to "value" it..Regards

Royal families in the Middle East would give gift watches and they would be marked like the case back. Do a little search on the net you mite find out what county it was given out as a gift. If that helps.

It’s from Oman.

little extra value on a watch that is not particularly collected at this point but has some value. If it’s wider then 36mm not including the crown I’d say 1k us?

I think this is a pretty great little watch - note that this is the automatic version of a watch that is primarily seen in the quartz version. The heraldric emblem is on the back rather than on the dial which I like too 😀

What's he value of a beheading? That's what those swords represent. I'd burn it.

Calm down. It's a national emblem, not anymore problematic than crowns on Royally gifted items or Christian crosses on flags.

What's he value of a beheading? That's what those swords represent. I'd burn it.
Wow! Heavy... just a watch with a national emblem and not a political manifesto..

Calm down. It's a national emblem, not anymore problematic than crowns on Royally gifted items or Christian crosses on flags.

I neglected to mention the extinct species of Rhinoceros that is represented by the thing in the middle with the 90 degree bend. I suppose that's all part of national heritage as well. That heritage, they can keep.

I neglected to mention the extinct species of Rhinoceros that is represented by the thing in the middle with the 90 degree bend. I suppose that's all part of national heritage as well. That heritage, they can keep.

The thing is a khanjar and has nothing to do with a rhinoceros.

Are you talking about the Khanjar? This is a type of knife from that region and does not represent a rhinoceros at all.
True that, many years ago, materials used to make them would have included rhino horn and ivory for that matter but this was common practice in many cultures historically including Western cultures.

You really aren’t coming out if this thread well. I’d quit while you are behind if I were you. If you have a problem with those living on the Arabian peninsula then be aware that the Omanis are about as friendly to the west it is possible to get in that part of the world and much more progressive in some ways than their neighbours.
Edited: