Forums Latest Members
  1. timoss Nov 10, 2019

The serial is 20526XXX. I don't have a copy of MWO but I do have the app and according to it and speedmaster101 that would put it outside the 105.012-65 range (right?) and make it an earlier 105.003 (assuming it is a speedmaster of course). Sounds like an extract is the next step. I think the online extract ordering process requires pics (though as someone said above you can submit any pic you want if you just want to verify the serial). However, in the U.S. you have to go to an Omega boutique to order one, I think. Not sure what they will require or how long it will take to get that way....

eugeneandresson and chronoboy64 like this.
  2. airansun In the shuffling madness Nov 10, 2019

Edited Nov 10, 2019
  3. lpestre Nov 10, 2019

Personally I would ask for an extract of the archives to check the movement if it's coming from a speedmaster. It could come from a seamaster chrono and in that case the money would be in the case ;). If the movement match a speedmaster I would build a new one around the movement. your choice both works.

4. Dan S Nov 10, 2019

As has been wisely said above, it is pointless to do anything before getting an extract that confirms the correct reference. You can probably figure out how to get one if you give it a bit of thought. At this point you are just guessing.

5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Nov 11, 2019

Eve and mac_omega like this.
  6. timoss Nov 11, 2019

That pretty much nails it--an extract seems like the necessary next step. I suppose it could also be submitted with pics of 105.012 if the first attempt fails on the off chance that it is outlier? I will look into the extract process here in the U.S., unfortunately more cumbersome than elsewhere in the world.

Thanks all!

Davidt likes this.
  7. Donn Chambers Nov 11, 2019

I’d keep it as is. Sure, some of the parts are replaced with new, but you’ve enjoyed it for 10 years and it looks nice as is. I think trying to find the specific parts to make it “perfect” will take a lot of time and effort that would be better spent on finding another watch to enjoy.

8. Lurk41 Nov 11, 2019

Why don't try to go to an OB and explain them that you don't exactly want the extract but to know if the movement was swapped, and from which model because you want it to go in its factory-correct case?

By only asking for an extract, there is a risk you'll pay to know it is not a match for a 105.012, without any idea from which model it came from...

9. timoss Nov 11, 2019

Interesting idea. Suppose it depends on how helpful the person behind the counter feels like being.

10. simonsays Nov 11, 2019

I would be tempted to leave it as is. But if I was going to change it I think you could buy a nice applied logo Pro dial and sell your Non pro and come out ahead.
    As for the movement, who cares that it’s a few numbers out. Not worth worrying about. A nice flat link bracelet would be higher up my list.

Jasebird likes this.
  11. Jasebird Nov 12, 2019

I would go in the direction of what the case ref. is......or just enjoy it, good looking watch you have there