What exactly did I get here?

Howdy!

I recently purchased my first vintage Omega, and I have a little bit of a head scratcher.

It was advertised as a 1970s Constellation, however it is seems inconsistent with the others I have found. Per the photos, it is a Cal 1012, Ref 166.0220. I am going by the seller's photos, I don't have a watchmaker close to me to open it up to confirm the numbers. The strap isn't original I know for sure. When I searched the Cal and Ref numbers on the Omega website, it doesn't come up with a matching watch. I found one listing for a gold version of this watch on a dealer website that was advertised as being 'uncommon', but I'm not buying into that. I've found a few on eBay as well, but they were all overseas and have little information.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1601.jpg
s-l1602.jpg

What am I looking at here? Do I have a pieced together franken-watch or did it actually from Omega this way?

Thanks for your help.

Like 1
When I do a google images search for omega 166.0220, several of these come up, a few variants. What is the concern?

It's not a particularly collectible model, or from Omega's golden age, so you may not find a lot of information on the internet.

Like 1
Mainly looking for some documentation like an owner's manual or something. The seller only told me to wear it and it'd wind itself, but it doesn't last the whole day with me wearing. I figure it needs an initial winding.

I'm also curious as to how original it is. I only paid a few hundred for it, but it'd be nice to know the originality of it.

Thanks!

It's pretty standard to wind a watch fully by hand and then allow the auto-winding to keep it wound. As I mentioned, this is a pretty obscure watch, so the best way to determine if it's original is to do some research on your own. Download all the photos you can find and compare yours.

FYI caliber 1012 is pretty common.

I see no issues with the watch.
Edited:

Like 1
I seen that the pictures which you uploaded ar from catawiki website. You bought that watch or a similar one?

https://www.catawiki.com/en/l/67571291-omega-constellation-ref-166-0220-men-1970-1979

Interesting.....

I won that watch as an auction on eBay from the Patina Watch Store, which is where I got those pictures. The item location was listed as Brooklyn, but it shipped from Florida. Shipping was also very expensive for how it shipped ($25, it went Fedex Home Delivery) and it took 4 business days for it to ship out (Paid on a Friday, it didn't ship out until Wednesday). I'm wondering now if it was originally in Spain, they mailed it to a warehouse or storefront in Florida, then shipped it to me from there.