Forums Latest Members
  1. SimonR Mar 2, 2019

Hello all,

I've been looking at second hand and vintage Omegas quite a lot recently both in real world shops and also online, with the intention of buying a 'watch for life'. I started a thread a while ago about the Cosmic Triple Date watches and something along that line is kind of what I'm after.

This one caught my eye on eBay and I'm tempted to go and take a look at it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Sp...ld-Automatic-Beautiful-Condition/312512071977Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I wondered if anybody with a calibrated Omega eye would like to pass comment on that particular example and listing?

One thing that I'm not totally clear on is what papers one would expect with such a watch. Is it a problem that none are present?

Thanks as always for your expert advice and insight :)

Simon.

2. SimonR Mar 2, 2019

Picture of watch in question:

[​IMG]

3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 2, 2019

Odd it has everything but the warranty card...

Missing papers means no warranty cards. Normal, but odd in this case as he has the hang tag.

4. asrnj77 Mar 3, 2019

Looks like the seller joined in 2018 and has 36 feedback but only as a buyer. This is the first thing that “azz” has sold on the bay.

At least you’d be covered by eBay if you had any issues.

He said it was serviced 7 months ago. I’d ask for the paperwork from that. Even if it wasn’t Omega that serviced it I’d still like to see some proof of a servicing.

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 3, 2019

Those fake hang tags can be found any day on ebay for a few pounds.
    The movement in this watch was never a chronometer, and shouldn't the dial have Speedmaster and Automatic printed under the Omega logo?

gemini4 and Dan S like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 3, 2019

This just screams fake fake fake. This would not even pass muster in a Chinese fake merchandise mall.

gemini4 likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 3, 2019

No - the dial is correct.

It's a ref. 31302000, and from what I can see looks totally correct.

Foo2rama likes this.
  8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 3, 2019

Wow ...

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 3, 2019

Don't get me wrong - it's not a watch I would ever wear, because I'm definitely not a yellow gold type of person...maybe I'm not old enough or something but I associate yellow gold with "old man's watch" or maybe with rappers if it's also covered in ice. :)

But screaming "fake" on these is tricky because Omega literally made hundreds of different models of these Speedmaster automatics that are based on the 7750 series of movements. Some are unusual to say the least, so I would say proceed with caution before declaring something out of the ordinary as fake right away.

Cheers, Al

Foo2rama likes this.