Forums Latest Members

What do you think about this Seiko 6117-6410?

1. Engee Jan 7, 2020

My Seiko GMT arrived today...

It looks good and honest to me, but I'd appreciate some good and honest feedback from those that know better. The dial is tidy so of course I'm worried that it has been spruced up. That said, the hands, especially the GMT hand, and the body look like nobody has bothered with them and I would assume if someone is going to the lengths of refurbishing they'd also give it a good polish.

The bracelet is a Seiko but I'm guessing not original given its rather clumsy marriage with the body. Does anyone know when this might date from? Apart from Seiko branding on the clasp the only other marks are "All Stainless Steel" and below that, "Japan Z". The bracelet is too small for me so I'll swap it out for something else - any suggestions for a suitable bracelet or strap would be appreciated.

Finally, it all seems to be working OK. My only problem is I can't work out how to give it a manual wind. Can you do that with these watches, and if not, does one just give it a shake and wear it to keep it going?

Here are some pictures. Thanks for any thoughts you might have.

IMG_4740.JPG IMG_4744.JPG seiko 6117-6410.jpg
    Foo2rama, Walrus, CPRwatch and 2 others like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 7, 2020

Seikos from this period do not have a manual wind.
    You have to shake them.

decent piece. Shouldn’t be too hard to source a better looking gmt hand.

sdre, Dan S and Engee like this.
  3. janice&fred Jan 7, 2020

very fun model. we had one in gorgeous original condition but sadly sold it a few years back. I will have my wife look up the pics of it for you as it had the original bracelet with form-fitting end links.

Engee likes this.
  4. eeki Jan 7, 2020

Congrats, these are great watches! You’ll get used to the lack of hand-winding quickly. Based on the one photo, to me at least the dial looks ok, just by comparing it to some known good examples.

Bracelet is, as you suspect, not original to the watch. A good alternative would be UncleSeiko’s remake of the “railroad”-bracelet:
    https://www.uncleseiko.com/store/p1...he_SEIKO_Navigator_and_World_Time_Models.html

Dan S, Engee and Foo2rama like this.
  5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 7, 2020

A994269F-0F88-4B4C-83EA-B45FA3023539.jpeg

Hello from it’s slightly older brother :)

wagudc, Walrus, Engee and 2 others like this.
  6. Engee Jan 7, 2020

Oh, that is a really nice looking watch.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. timelightsky Jan 7, 2020

Very nice watch, wear it in good health!
    Nothing looks amiss to me but I'm by no means an expert.

And hello from its slightly younger sibling (by two months). It's on the Uncle Seiko bracelet that @eeki mentioned above, which is of very nice quality.
    Haven't worn it a lot (it's in need of a service) and I have to admit when I do it's usually on a navy blue Barton canvas strap...

watch-1.jpg

pseikotick, Foo2rama, wagudc and 5 others like this.
  8. Engee Jan 7, 2020

Yes, the Uncle Seiko bracelet looks like a good option, though not quite so cheap when I factor in the costs of importing it to the UK. I was actually thinking about a nice blue and red, or blue, black and red NATO strap.

9. Walrus Jan 7, 2020

I think it looks great. All you guys who posted one have nice examples. I’ve been looking around but when they are decently priced they go quick. I did find a world timer I’m considering but I keep receiving pics that are a tad blurry. I’m not thinking it’s deceptive but I don’t want to jump on anything without a clear pic. Wear it in good health

timelightsky and Engee like this.
  10. Nathan1967 Jan 8, 2020

No need to worry about import duties- Uncle Seiko is now open for business in the U.K. too

https://www.uncleseiko.co.uk/store/...he_SEIKO_Navigator_and_World_Time_Models.html

timelightsky, eeki and Engee like this.
  11. pongster Jan 9, 2020

Happy to share mine. But it’s a 6400.

Fresh from watchmaker.

0DF1FE83-D7FE-483B-85A2-647ABBEB51E4.jpeg
  12. Dr.K Jan 27, 2020

Look forward to seeing pics!

13. borozgb Jul 20, 2020

Nice one.. I have one in almost NOS condition

IMG_20200518_174820_771.jpg