Forums Latest Members

What are you eating for dinner tonight?

1. Baco Noir Jul 4, 2017

With the day off, I decided to smoke some ribs today. Started by dry rubbing them, the smoked with cherry and apple wood at 250F for 5 1/2 hrs before saucing them with 3 different locally made BBQ sauces. The bend test (looking for cracked in the meat) is the best way to check for doneness. Turned out great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wsfarrell Jul 4, 2017

I was going to show what I barbecued tonight, but thought better of it after seeing this. Hard to compete with someone who calls himself "baco noir."

AveConscientia likes this.
  3. Baco Noir Jul 4, 2017

LOL just an avid home BBQer, not a competition cooker. Love to see what others are cooking.

Edited Jul 7, 2017
  4. Baco Noir Jul 8, 2017

Drinking this for a muscle relaxer after my wife lead me on a 2 1/2 hr mtn bike ride that topped out over 10,000 ft above sea level.
    [​IMG]

Of course it had to be followed with a nice post ride meal. Potatoes with garlic butter for carbs, asparagus for a green, and mushroom/shallot topped steak for the protein.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ICONO, Ssunnylee24 and tamura like this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 8, 2017

Looks like fresh home grown Sweet potatoes

Will take recipes ...........

( will update with what they turn into tonight )
    image.jpeg

Baco Noir likes this.
  6. Baco Noir Jul 8, 2017

Nice! If they are the white sweet potatoes, we like doing a garlic mash with them.

7. Jimos Jul 9, 2017

First time making meatloaf. This one is an Italian meatloaf with smoked tomato chutney from a recipe out of the Big Green Egg cookbook. Just awesome.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

flw, Ssunnylee24 and George.A like this.
  8. Baco Noir Jul 9, 2017

^^^ Nice! Meatloaf on the ceramic cookers is a whole other animal. It made me love meatloaf again.

Jimos likes this.
  9. Baco Noir Jul 22, 2017

Great dinner tonight at the backyard "Creekside Cafe" with a lot of garden vegetables and a 2004 Fritz Cabernet Sauvignon from the cellar. Basil for the pesto potatoes came out of the garden, along with the green beans and squash, and the jalapeños for the ABTs. Oh, and the Rosemary that seasoned the veggies and steaks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tamura likes this.
  10. AveConscientia Jul 23, 2017

Wild Rose(Northern Thai food)-Bend Oregon. In my top 5 restaurants of all time! Bike race going on as well.
    IMG_3757.JPG IMG_3760.JPG IMG_3752.JPG

Baco Noir likes this.
  11. Baco Noir Jul 30, 2017

Tri-tip - another house favorite. Rubbed the tri-tip down liberally with our homemade dry rub, cooked it indirect at 350F until the internal temp reached 120F, then cranked the heat to high to sear the outside a few minutes per side. Let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain. Served with a chimichurri, garden green beans and basil potatoes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ICONO, George.A, tamura and 2 others like this.
  12. Baco Noir Jul 30, 2017

It's been a grilling weekend, so here's another post on how we use my wife's dry rub. Sprinkle on shrimp, grill some veggies, make some jasmine rice, grill the shrimp, and put it all together on the plate - simple and tasty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ICONO, tamura, George.A and 1 other person like this.
  13. Edward53 Aug 2, 2017

It was a bit Southern States chez nous last night. Here's Mrs. E's Coca-cola baked ham with fries and a couple of fried eggs. Comfort food and wasn't it good! That's a glass of coke by the plate with a double JD in it.

IMG_5963.JPG
    Something a bit more British for afters, strawberries and cream.

IMG_5965.JPG

George.A likes this.
  14. atc100 Aug 20, 2017

Eating fish at island Pasman, Croatia![emoji225] [emoji224] [emoji226] [emoji485] [emoji486] [​IMG]

15. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 20, 2017

Tried some of your dry rub on some kangaroo last night. No pictures but boy was it nice, on my last pkt :(

16. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 27, 2017

We zipped down to Toronto for an overnight stay and a concert Friday night, and after checking in we looked for some food options. Didn't want something really heavy, so opted to visit Luckee - a restaurant owned by Susur Lee (celebrity chef).

[​IMG]

After the amuse bouche (which was so good it was gone in a flash so no photos other than the empty dish on the right below), we started with the Chicken Cheung Fun - this was certainly simple but one of the best things I've ever eaten...

[​IMG]

After that we had a side of seasonal veggies (sugar snap peas and oyster mushrooms) in a light sauce with garlic that was extremely tasty...

[​IMG]

We also had the duck...crispy skin, slices of apple, leek, and some watercress, plus sauces...

[​IMG]

Sauces were a cranberry compote, hoisin, and a absolutely wonderful fois gras parfait...

[​IMG]

We had a nice Syrah to go with it - needed it to cut some of the richness of the duck. It was a fantastic meal.

Then we walked a few kms to the concert venue, which is a covered amphitheater. Missed the opening act, but saw a full set by Mattew Good and his band...

[​IMG]

Eventually the sun started to set...

[​IMG]

And the main event was Midnight Oil - they put on a great show...

[​IMG]

Tonight since my wife has headed off on a business trip, it's leftovers. :(

gostang9, Baco Noir and tamura like this.
  17. flw history nerd Aug 27, 2017

IMG_20170827_181537129.jpg
    Tonight we tried to make lasagna in a Bundt pan. We figured that it might be a good idea for a party or a pot luck - I saw a recipe for this that suggests it should solidify to the point that it could be finger food, with marinara for dipping.
    IMG_20170827_191334893_HDR.jpg
    So here it is, after cooling for an hour - you invert it and add a layer of shredded Parmesan. Then it should be ready to slice ...
    IMG_20170827_191847698.jpg
    And it sliced well - but not quite enough to be able to pick up with your hands! The recipe calls for simmering the sauce until it's a "thick paste" - we didn't cook it down quite that much. But it's delicious anyway ... Certainly a fun experiment!

18. Baco Noir Aug 29, 2017

Never tried any kangaroo, but will do so for sure if I ever see it on a menu.

19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 29, 2017

Tenderloin is really good - all my in-laws know that when we are down under they need to have 3 things available for me...

Plenty of Redbacks

Snags with bread

Kangaroo for the BBQ

And the fourth thing is all the wine we bought and stashed to age since our previous trips...often there is some "shrinkage" in the stock we leave behind though, even though we write our names on the bottles! :mad:

Baco Noir and STANDY like this.
  20. imajedi (not even a padawan) Aug 29, 2017

In and out double double animal style. Man it was good!!