Forums Latest Members

What are you eating for dinner tonight?

1. Spy You know my name. Sep 2, 2015

Grilling drum sticks with Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce. Official timekeeper for my grille is OMEGA.

20150902_185434.jpg

2. ulackfocus Sep 2, 2015

3. Spy You know my name. Sep 2, 2015

Sorry, bud. I can sympathize because I have experienced simian circumstances.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 2, 2015

image.jpg
    Simian circumstances?

30t1, OmegaP99, DaveK and 13 others like this.
  5. Spy You know my name. Sep 2, 2015

LOL! Similar. I think the auto suggestions on my phone chose that.

30t1 likes this.
  6. Canuck Sep 2, 2015

Bouillabaisse, but with green lipped mussels from New Zealand, cod, shrimp, calamari, vegetables, all in a broth, over a blend of wild rice and white rice. With freshly husked local corn on the cob. (Some folks consider corn to be cattle fodder, or a base for ethanol!) And let's not forget ciabatta bread! This, a favorite at our house.

Farmer, verithingeoff, Pun and 5 others like this.
  7. Spy You know my name. Sep 3, 2015

A meal fit for a king! Corn on the cob is one of the best foods.

blubarb likes this.
  8. blubarb Sep 5, 2015

Home-made chilly beef jerky and a cold beer. Wife will be back tomorrow so live it up tonight. Yeehaaaa! Oh, and all while having a Breaking Bad tele binge. :)

Flingit1200s, Mad Dog and Spy like this.
  9. ulackfocus Sep 5, 2015

We had mussels last night too - bacon, scallions, and a little riesling & Kosciusko mustard for the broth. Mmmmmmmmm......

Mad Dog and Spy like this.
  10. Spy You know my name. Sep 5, 2015

I love bacon with scallions. And when my wife and son are away and I got the place to myself, I indulge more than usual in champagne and caviar.

11. wsfarrell Sep 5, 2015

Charcoal-grilled pork chops dusted with wild fennel pollen gathered along the Sacramento River. Yow!!

fennel.jpg

12. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 5, 2015

Kraft Mac & Cheese for dinner tonight. :thumbsup:

It's the cheesiest. :thumbsup:

A2052610-C059-4B4A-8AE7-CF4ED6F713D7.jpeg

Edited Nov 2, 2022
  13. Jimos Sep 5, 2015

Bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches. Already hating the fact that the tomatoes won't be around much longer. image.jpg

Amg786s, NGO1, The Father and 12 others like this.
  14. Spy You know my name. Sep 6, 2015

I could munch on that right now. That is good stuff.

Amg786s likes this.
  15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 6, 2015

That looks good, and I fully agree that it will be sad when tomatoes are no longer fresh and in season here. The Roma tomatoes are very nice right now, so although a BLT was an option, we decided on this favourite for lunch today...

[​IMG]

Add to the Roma some finely chopped garlic, shallots, basil, some good quality extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground black pepper, and this is one thing where I do add a touch of sea salt. Then pile it on some thinly sliced and lightly toasted (again brushed with olive oil) French bread, and it does not get much better IMO...

[​IMG]

A couple of weekends ago we took a bushel of those Roma tomatoes, peeled and copped them, then added them to some sautéed onions, and garlic, and then added basil and oregano. We stewed them for a couple of hours to make our own sauce, so we have a bunch in the freezer now for the winter. Already had some on pasta this week and it was great.

I will also be sad to see the fantastic sweet corn go that we have had this year, and of course the fresh peaches have been amazing so far. I'm already missing the strawberries as they were done a while back now.

Soon enough we will be eating stuff that was all picked green somewhere and trucked thousands of kms to our stores, so I'm eating all the fresh fruits and veggies I can right now!

Cheers, Al

16. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Sep 6, 2015

all recipes are mouth watering.

right now my wife and I finished dinner. We had north atlantic cod fillets (skin off and pin bone out) covered with italian pesto and some tasty cheese (don't ask what kind of cheese, I hate cheese except melted) some fresh cocktail tomatoes. All this cooked in the oven for about 30 min. To clean the dishes we took a Brötchen.

Sorry no pics. I have been too hungry to pull the phone out of the pocket.

SeanotheDead and Spy like this.
  17. Jimos Sep 6, 2015

As they say down here in Georgia. Nuth'in finer in the world than "True fine love and home grown tomatoes". Very nice Al.

Amg786s likes this.
  18. ulackfocus Sep 6, 2015

Went out to Han Dynasty and ordered a ton of food with another couple. My phone's camera is getting worse by the day so no pictures. Wonton soup, Dan Dan noodles, spicy garlic beef, beef with scallions, crispy rice chicken, and double cooked pork belly. ::psy::

Widows Son, WatchShopping and OMGRLX like this.
  19. bvertz Sep 6, 2015

Huge plates of pasta and meatballs tonight. The sauce began to simmer on Friday night with peeled tomatoes and basil until the pork and garlic was added on Saturday. Last night the meatballs were rolled and fried. They were added to the sauce this morning and simmered during the day. Fortunately there was sauce left over to send home with the kids and some for the freezer.

WatchShopping, Muddlerminnow and Spy like this.
  20. Spy You know my name. Sep 7, 2015

Those are some good looking dinner's. :thumbsup: