Forums Latest Members

What’s happening on March 26th then?

1. savka Apr 23, 2022

The uncertainty continues…

2. cvalue13 Apr 23, 2022

personally, I don’t think it rules it out; I just think the ‘maneuver’ of it all is telling and continues the trend

if their priority was to make these widely available, in store or otherwise, they could have accomplished that at launch itself - much less now weeks on

e.g., sending plenty of stock to all stores, or instead making available online - even if on a preorder production basis

savka likes this.
  3. Peter Courtney Apr 23, 2022

wanted to buy my son the "Mission to the Moon" for £207 UK Sterling, went to both London stores and told we are out of stock for the foreseeable future, come back another time, terrible customer service I think from Omega - hope they manufacture tens of thousands of these watches in the future, so they become more common in the marketplace !

4. savka Apr 23, 2022

Technically, distribution and sales are being handled by Swatch, but I get what you’re saying.

YY77, cvalue13 and Archer like this.
  5. eelpie Apr 23, 2022

Yeah, even if they went for sale on-line today, I have better places for my money to go. The whole MoonSwatch thing was going to be an impulse buy for me, and the impulse has passed.

I’ve recently lost some weight and I’m finding a lot of watches lying around here that fit me now that never did before. Today it’s a vintage steel Universal Geneve automatic on the original bracelet.

Good times.

noelekal likes this.
  6. savka Apr 23, 2022

Congrats! Positive benefits of a great achievement.

cvalue13 and eelpie like this.
  7. studeb Apr 23, 2022

I called the store closest to me, Vegas, none in stock and they said no holds for pickup or shipping.

No online orders will mean no MoonSwatch for me, and i do want one, or three.......

JwRosenthal likes this.
  8. Peter Courtney Apr 23, 2022

I would like Omega / Swatch to be more transparent, and actually be honest about production numbers, rather than hiding behind all the so called HYPE, tragic that a major player in the marketplace is acting so "cloak and dagger" - I am really doubting the Swatch management at this point, and the good ( more likely bad ) intentions they have for the Swatch Moonwatch - what a sorry state of affairs :-(

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2022

Also, manufacturing...

savka and cvalue13 like this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 23, 2022

Are you new to the world of luxury watches?

11. eelpie Apr 23, 2022

My avatar is the memorial to the 445th Bomb Group at the current home of the Norfolk Gliding Club at Tibenham.

My father was in the 703rd BS and his B-24 was shot down on 1April, 1944, with half the crew killed in action.

No, I don’t do Luftwaffe watches . . .

cvalue13 likes this.
  12. cvalue13 Apr 23, 2022

Teddy B only today came out with his analysis of the release. It’s a quick 14 minutes.

Maybe he reads OF … :whistling:

13. Peter Courtney Apr 23, 2022

that is a really good analysis by Teddy, he comes across very well, and credible - thank you for posting the video clip, really appreciate it :)

basically a good Swatch publicity stunt - with Omega coming along for the ride I suspect !

14. cvalue13 Apr 23, 2022

i think you inverted that.

a good Omega publicity stunt, with Swatch (watch) coming along for the ride

galaxytime and savka like this.
  15. savka Apr 23, 2022

Reporting back from my local store — manager said the hype hasn’t died down on their end, phones are still ringing off the hook and plenty of customers coming in asking about MoonSwatches every day. No info re: future drops. Her recommendation was just to show up every day when they open in the event they’ll be restocked because they will sell out fast.

So, no good news. But I did see a couple of fellow watch enthusiasts (one wearing an Omega SMP and the other a Breitling) so that was cool.

16. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 23, 2022

I'm enjoying keeping up with the MoonSwatch here on the Forum, but I'm not feeling the love, for either the thing or the concept at all. Perhaps I just don't grasp the significance of the concept or the product, but it seems like a variation to the theme of Andersen's "The Emperor's New Clothes." A lot of ooo-ing and ahh-ing, but there's really nothing there. Well, there is a plastic imitation Speedmaster being sold for cheap.

Is this the Beanie Baby of the 2022 watch world?

"Collect all variants in all the colors!"

galaxytime, tamura and cvalue13 like this.
  17. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Apr 27, 2022

Lex_Lugga, YY77, Lurk41 and 1 other person like this.
  18. JwRosenthal Apr 27, 2022

cineaste and Scarecrow Boat like this.
  19. studeb Apr 27, 2022

20. savka Apr 27, 2022

If only it were true… Post was removed from Reddit for being fake, unfortunately.