Watchmaker advice needed

If I was out of line then I apologise to yourself and the rest of the forum members.

I can understand that when you have a forum member that has been around for a long time with vast knowledge and has contributed much, that when you see a newer member come on and have a go it’s not warranted.

totally understand and again, apologise.
But forums are to learn and teach, be part of a community and to share ideas.
You appear to have taken my posts personally. I can assure you they are not personal in nature. I was simply correcting misinformation that was posted, that this would lead to displacement of parts and possibly damage. It won’t.

I told you of my experience and credentials because you stated that I sounded “adamant that I was correct”, so I was explaining where that comes from. It comes from years of experience and training from the brand in question.

If you didn’t fully understand the reasoning behind my comments, all you have to do is ask.

If you unscrew the detent screw far enough to release the stem directly, you risk unscrewing it too far...it’s happened to me. By unscrewing it less and pressing down on the screw, you are able to release the stem without risking the screw becoming disconnected from the setting lever, requiring the removal of the hands and dial.

I am willing to help anyone who wants to learn watchmaking who is willing to listen. If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I’ll do my best to help,

I have posted many threads here with tips on watchmaking procedures to help people just like you. If you search for threads with “basic watchmaking tips” in the title, you may find them useful. I have more of these threads in the queue, but I am waiting for a dedicated section of the forum to post them in that the mods have said they are considering. Right now all the work I put into these gets buried in the bowels of the forum.

Cheers, Al

Two Gentlemen acknowledging the inadequacies of the www and hopefully, becoming friendly and supportive.
Archer has shown this time and time again for many years and we welcome you @TIMElyBehaviour , your input and contributions.
The rude and self-serving don't last long here but even the best of us (me, for example) occasionally don't accurately convey the tone or spirit of the conversation. The best work it out, the worst bitch and pout.

My hat's off to two of the best!

Two Gentlemen acknowledging the inadequacies of the www and hopefully, becoming friendly and supportive.
Archer has shown this time and time again for many years and we welcome you @TIMElyBehaviour , your input and contributions.
The rude and self-serving don't last long here but even the best of us (me, for example) occasionally don't accurately convey the tone or spirit of the conversation. The best work it out, the worst bitch and pout.

My hat's off to two of the best!
Appreciated. Bottom line I joined the community to learn about my fav brand. I’m not on the Rolex forum for the reason of arrogance.

anyone that can work as a watchmaker by one of the most respected brands for the years he has deserves respect and sadly I didn’t show it.

I appreciate the comment.

Working on yet another Speedmaster, so I thought I would make a quick video to illustrate.

Here I am putting the stem back into the movement, after removing the movement from the case. The process would be the same for removing the stem. The setting lever screw is unscrewed some, but as you can see when I use a finger to press on the stem, the stem will not go into the movement fully.

Once I use the screwdriver to gently press on the setting lever screw, the stem is easily inserted into the movement, and the screw is tightened:

There is zero risk in doing this. It reduces significantly the risk that you will unscrew the setting lever screw too far, as is likely the case with the OP's watch.

Cheers, Al

Return of the Jedi… to bring this thread to an happy end, just received my watch back from the watchmaker (btw, he told me the stem had been too short? I wonder how that happend😕)
anyway thank you guys for the help

If the stem worked before, it wasn't too short...

If the stem worked before, it wasn't too short...
Yes, I was also confused but at the same time I am (obviously) not an expert when it comes to technical questions

Hi! 2nd advice appreciated this time:
While wearing the watch some days, it somehow looked different than before. After having a closer look I realized there is a gap between the dial and the tension/compression ring which other same refs. doesn’t have that strong. Call me a nitpicker, but somehow it changes the appearance of the watch in my opinion making the dial look as it would sit too deep in the watch.
Unfortunately I don’t have sufficient pictures of the watch before I gave it to STS to have it case refurbished. The local watchmaker who put the movement back together (see above) didn’t knew the reason as he is not very familiar with Omega, but meant the reason could be the crystal not being pushed down enough? Any thoughts? Again thanks for your help!
Here a sample of different 145.024

And mine
Edited:

Well, that certainly doesn't look right. Youi will need to get it to a watchmaker who can look at it and figure out what the problem is...

Thanks, if I would be in a different region I surely would know where to send it (@Archer)