Watches and Wonders - Tudor GMT Pepsi with White Dial

Posts
13,521
Likes
23,458
New release from Tudor today at W&W.

Gonna say straight away, I really like this. I always thought the vintage white dial Rolex GMT master was beautiful and this obviously invokes that look.

 
Posts
3,651
Likes
24,755
That does look nice, but I'm mildly surprised at the new prices. A plain old BB41 is over $4K now!
 
Posts
532
Likes
2,317
I'm partial to my 57

7922-Feb21-Chamfers.JPG


7922-7928PCG-SCG.JPG
 
Posts
5,340
Likes
76,043
I do like the look of the new BB54 , will be looking forward to seeing one at my local AD soon .
 
Posts
250
Likes
266
I like the idea of this, an homage to the early albino GMT. Although execution wise, I feel like all white makes it hard to read.
 
Posts
280
Likes
269
Kind of interesting since I still don’t own a white dial piece, however really not sure on the slab sides or bracelet. Doesn’t appear to be a leather option either.
 
Posts
7,063
Likes
13,035
Reminds us of the white dial 1950s GMT-master Pepsi for PanAmerican "managers"
TUDOR the smart man's ROLEX 😁
 
Posts
384
Likes
2,906
Huge fan! Best Tudor release imo… then there’s the BB54 woooo that’s nice! I just wish I had bigger wrists for the gmt.
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
There is something about the BB54 that looks clunky, like a modded Seiko to resemble Rolex/Tudor. Maybe it’s the unflattering light…




Whereas, under the same light, this just looks really nice.

 
Posts
4,876
Likes
24,822
The white dial on the GMT is definitely going to have to grow on me.
Not sure how I feel about it...
 
Posts
975
Likes
1,517
Personally, it looks a bit cheap to me. Could pass for a Seiko.
 
Posts
16,305
Likes
45,025
There is something about the BB54 that looks clunky, like a modded Seiko to resemble Rolex/Tudor. Maybe it’s the unflattering light…

nope, it’s not the jeans that make your ass look big
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776

nope, it’s not the jeans that make your ass look big
😁

I’m all for small watches but they missed the boat in this one, imho. With the chunky case, Chicago deep dish like chapter ring, and broad bezel, I can’t help but see Seiko Mod.

 
Posts
3,150
Likes
6,549
Most of the new "wonders" at Geneva are not made for the US or European market.

So: don´t be astonished: you belong to a minority 😀
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
My AD has told me that there is a good discount if I purchase gmt and 54.
 
Posts
275
Likes
990
That does look nice, but I'm mildly surprised at the new prices. A plain old BB41 is over $4K now!

The new BB 41 has a new case and caliber and is now metas certificate like omega I think it's a fair price for what get.