Forums Latest Members

April 7-13 - Watches and Wonders, Geneva - 2021

1. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 17, 2021

April 8th's live stream is here:

upload_2021-3-17_15-6-3.png

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en/geneva

We're three weeks out from Watches and Wonders, Geneva, running April 7 - 13 2021 and I thought it would be interesting to read member speculations before -- and reactions after -- announcements are made. The following brands are expected to reveal their latest releases for 2021 during this digital event week.
    From their FAQ:

Guessing the usual YouTube suspects will be live streaming when the major brands are scheduled, so if you have links to those, please post.

Edited Apr 8, 2021
    Awetaylor, levkov, Eve and 1 other person like this.
  2. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 19, 2021

Paul Thorpe speculating if this is the new Daytona. (Would be a stunner, IMO.)

3. marcn Enough space to say witty Mar 31, 2021

4. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 1, 2021

5. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 2, 2021

6. GannyBall Apr 3, 2021

Will be interesting to see what watches Rolex launch but 95% of the population won't be able to buy unless they pay double the list price

Tudor will also hopefully spring a suprise or 2 as well and bring out something interesting and not just a colour update of an existing watch

7. scapa Apr 6, 2021

Or, at last, the Rolex Spelunker the world has been waiting for!

The Explorer is one of the few Rolexes I really like. And given the fracas round the previous update will be interesting to see where they take or leave it.

marcn likes this.
  8. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 6, 2021

Live stream is here:

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

I've edited this into your first post to make it easier to follow mate thanks for posting.

Hey remember that Baselworld thing people used to care about?

marcn likes this.
  10. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 7, 2021

Thanks @dsio for the edits!

So for those following in real time, it looks like as brands officially reveal, the section halfway down "Brands Revealing" will post updated links to those reveals. A number have already posted, including Lange, Patek, Greubel Forsey, Moser, Nomos, and others...

Click and scroll down: https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en/geneva

11. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 7, 2021

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2021

13. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 7, 2021

Totally agree.

From https://www.oris.ch/news/detail/1143/Oris at Watches and Wonders Geneva:

Oris Divers Sixty-Five Cotton Candy
    A new start. With spring comes fresh hope, and with it (more so than ever this year) light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. The new Divers Sixty-Five ‘Cotton Candy’ has a simple ambition – to bring a smile. It picks up the all-bronze case, bezel, crown and bracelet combination engineered by Oris for the Hölstein Edition 2020, and adds a peppy palette of dial colours in either sky blue, wild green or lipstick pink. The 38mm case is intentionally unisex, while bronze creates its own story by patinating during the natural, charming process of oxidisation. Each model is powered by an automatic Swiss Made mechanical movement and delivers the same quality standards the Divers Sixty-Five collection is now synonymous with: domed sapphire crystal, water-resistant to 10 bar (100 metres) and hands and applied indices filled with bright Super-LumiNova®. Why ‘Cotton Candy’? Because these are watches designed to bring warmth and the optimism of better times.

upload_2021-4-6_22-58-40.png

38mm is smart. Not sure about bronze, but totally want to see that blue in a patinated case! Pretty damn nice, IMO.

eugeneandresson likes this.
  14. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 7, 2021

Tudor has at least updated their website with a countdown timer: https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/2021-new-watches

And Watches and Wonder's website is struggling. Looks like they're serving some of their static content from CDN, but not all, and the brand thumbnails in particular started being spotty. They did a roll-back on their site to the version they had earlier in the week, so my above notes about "Brands Revealing" isn't currently shown.

Okay, Rolex, waiting on you, bro...
    upload_2021-4-6_23-36-36.png

15. Eve Apr 7, 2021

Thanks for updating here!
    From the whole bunch the only one i am really looking forward to is Jaeger-LeCoultre. They had some cool releases in the past years. Not like i can i afford them though... :cautious: but maybe in a few years after release :)

marcn likes this.
  16. Eve Apr 7, 2021

lol, ok i take it back, i didnt expect Rolex to bring the 36mm Steel Explorer back.. now that i know it... :whistling:

17. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 8, 2021

Here's a list of inks to the various published reveals. Several are still pending. Be warned, even when you visit a reveal page (Rolex's for example) the video is very stop-and-start. Quite maddening. You've been warned.

18. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 8, 2021

April 8th's livestream is ongoing right now, link in the top of the first article.

Edit: Livestream concluded on Apr 7 at 23:36 PDT

Edited Apr 8, 2021
  19. marcn Enough space to say witty Apr 13, 2021

Rolf Studer of Oris knocks out a ton of questions in this recording of his live streamed Instagram Q&A session. Lots of direct answers, lots of hints of upcoming in-house movements. Interesting things happening with this brand, IMO.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNm0DWQjvrX/

scapa likes this.
  20. marcn Enough space to say witty Jun 7, 2021

Heads up to any interested:

Oris still lists these as "Notify me when this product becomes available online", with an input to enter your email address.

In my case I submitted my email on Friday or Saturday and got an email, with non-public link, inviting me to fulfill an order and check out on Sunday, the next day.

Basically, if you're interested, just submit your email and you may well get a similar invitation almost right away.

Ugh... that blue... so lovely. Why is Oris always on my "yes... but maybe not yet" list??

[​IMG]