Forums Latest Members

Watch from OB, blank warranty card. Do I have a problem ?

1. Blackdog Sep 6, 2019

Hi, I have a short question to ask:

We bought a watch (CK2998 Pulse) directly from the OB in Madrid (we had it shipped to The Netherlands).

Of course we were given a properly dated invoice, but the warranty card itself came blank.

Do I need to get them to stamp and date the card or am I well covered with just the invoice ? I'll be there in a month, so I can pay them a visit if needed...

Thanks for the clarification.

fskywalker likes this.
  2. EricCsN Sep 6, 2019

I was informed by mine that stamping is necessary on the card in order for warranty to be valid although I find it odd with the invoice and entry that they already made in the system. I would suggest you call up any local OB to confirm.

3. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Sep 6, 2019

Just had a warranty issue and when I looked at my card in the OB I could not see a stamp - asked if it was a problem, the assistant could see a stamp (no glasses on me!) but did say without a stamp there is no warranty.

4. Evitzee Sep 6, 2019

Legally an original invoice is sufficient, but for completeness it's best practice to have the card filled in. I'd have the OB do that when you visit. A blank card has too much of a whiff of grey market.

Edited Sep 6, 2019
  5. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Sep 6, 2019

Agreed, a receipt of purchase will work if you go back to the original seller but for warranty claims that may not be practical (bought mine in a duty free shop at airport) and OBs (and maybe ADs??) will not accept a claim. That is what I was told anyhow.

As you say get it stamped is best advice.

6. mayankyadav Sep 6, 2019

You can fill the card yourself if y ou want to. Even if you take it to the OB from where you bought it, all he will do is write the date on the card with a marker.
    I once read someone advanced the date on the card by around an year and claimed warranty on a watch that was out of it. Not suggesting you to do it just telling you that somewhere I read it.

7. Blackdog Sep 6, 2019

Thanks for the replies, clearly I was going to pay them a visit nonetheless.... So I'll bring the card along with the invoice and ask them to stamp and date accordingly. They were very friendly and accommodating with the purchase, they only usually ship within Spain but they agreed to ship to NL (Fedex fully insured) and did not even charge for shipping.

Funny... My SM300MC was purchased from a grey and still has the card stamped and dated by a major local AD...

NyCSnEaK likes this.
  8. Blackdog Sep 7, 2019

I have an additional question...

The card says 2-years warranty. The watch was bought this past August, am I supposed to be covered by the 5-years international warranty ?

9. p4ul “WATERRROOP” to 50m Sep 7, 2019

10. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Sep 7, 2019

If you bought it at an OB they can look up point of sale in their system as they do log their own sales. It is best to get it stamped though as it might expedite service and confusion just in case let's say you misplace your invoice paperwork. All watches purchased 7/2018 and forward will come with the 5 year warranty.

astrand, Blackdog and fskywalker like this.
  11. Blackdog Oct 23, 2019

Just a short update.

I passed by the OB in Madrid last week with the blank warranty card and original invoice in hand.

They confirmed that the warranty period is indeed 5 years, independently of what the pictograms card state, as the watch was bought in late August.

And they had absolutely no problem in stamping and dating my card. Furthermore, they dated it with the current date, so effectively extending the warranty to 5 full years starting on last week.

Once again I got a stellar service and excellent general attitude from the staff in this OB.

Larry S and dinexus like this.
  12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 23, 2019

Wasn't it the Madrid OB that another poster was complaining about?

13. Blackdog Oct 24, 2019

Indeed it was. And I also posted in that thread that my experience with them has always been consistently good.

14. jsducote Oct 24, 2019

I bought my FOIS from the Madrid OB - the standalone on Calle de Jose Ortega y Gasset, not the one in the El Corte Inglais.
    Quite happy with the service, which I half-expected to be (understandably) surly when I arrived about 15min before close.

15. jcz5 Nov 4, 2019

I don't think it is an issue. Previously, I've had quite a few Omega's with blank warranty cards