Forums Latest Members

Blank warranty cards - why??

1. Benny Jun 4, 2014

Hi there, new to this forum, been reading as a guest for some time though. I've just sold a Speedmaster Reduced to part fund a Moonwatch and am searching private adds as well as eBay. I've come across a couple with boxes and warranty cards however no date or jeweller details are on the card - why would this be? Serial numbers match, but it's annoying not to have record of the watches age. Also anyone's experience of buying on eBay would be valued - many thanks.

2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2014

Hello Benny!

Welcome to the OF!

Some people like the cards to be open for warranty purposes but it's each to their own. Personally I like mine dated, then I know where it's come from and the date of purchase plus the last thing you want is a problem with a watch and the company not honour the repair as the cards are not dated.

What are your concerns with eBay? I've sold a few watches on there and bought a few. Recently sold my second Omega Darkside of the Moon on eBay and have a Rolex listed at the moment.

Buying - always look at values of other similar watches & and there is a lot of fakes on there so if your unsure of anything post a picture or two on here and we will gladly help out.

3. Benny Jun 4, 2014

Thanks for your reply, nice to know other are buying on eBay with confidence. What benefit would leaving the card blank have to the first owner?

4. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 4, 2014

I would think the only benefit is to the next possible owner should they sell it as 'open warranty' I'm not a fan of open cards but some people prefer it!