Forums Latest Members
  1. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 22, 2015

I just love steel bracelets on watches but I keep continuing to buy various straps because I'm convinced I'll love them.

I rarely do.

Sigh.

At least on my antiques where bracelets were almost never available, I have nice straps glued on. Plus I doubt I will ever find a bracelet that "matches" a WWII Elgin Type A-11's plated case. I have a nice burgundy cordovan strap on that one, though. :)

Tom

OmegaRookie likes this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 22, 2015

3. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 22, 2015

heh ok, I'll take some pictures, the watch "collection" and the strap "accumulation"

Tom

oddboy likes this.
  4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 22, 2015

I'm the opposite - I'll take a strap in almost all cases over a bracelet...

5. chickenman26 Apr 24, 2015

Maybe you're lookin' for love in all the wrong places. When I discovered the bracelet I totally wore out cost over $800 to replace, I started trying straps...thin, inexpensive straps. Didn't like the look or the feel. But once I tried thickly padded ostrich and genuine alligator, that's when the love affair began. They cost more, but the look and soft, flexible feel are well worth it.

Stu

6. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Apr 24, 2015

I just remembered/rediscovered how to fit a nylon G10 "NATO" strap... wash the darn thing first and put in on still wet! That softens the Maratac strap so that it fits much better.

The bracelet is my first love and a fitted between the lugs will always appeal to me, but for the vintage Seamaster 300, it seems to want a NATO every so often, and I have all the colors Maratac produces.

Tom

Frunkinator likes this.