Washington DC Omega Boutique?

Anyone know anything about what looks to be an Omega Boutique coming into downtown Washington DC? Location is on Connecticut Avenue NW, just south of Rhode Island. (next to the Rolex and Patek marquees owned by Tiny Jewel Box)

Storefront doesn’t seem to be open yet, but they’ve got signage that looks legit. Would be nice to have an OB closer to home than the one in Tyson’s Corner.

Anyone know anything about what looks to be an Omega Boutique coming into downtown Washington DC? Location is on Connecticut Avenue NW, just south of Rhode Island. (next to the Rolex and Patek marquees owned by Tiny Jewel Box)

Storefront doesn’t seem to be open yet, but they’ve got signage that looks legit. Would be nice to have an OB closer to home than the one in Tyson’s Corner.

What about parking space around it? 😀

Guessing they’ll validate the same garage TJB does. The trick is not getting mugged on the walk back to your car.

Guessing they’ll validate the same garage TJB does. The trick is not getting mugged on the walk back to your car.
Bring your own brown paper bag to slip the red Omega bag into before exiting the store, and then go directly to your vehicle. If possible bring a friend who has MMA experience.

What about parking space around it? 😀
Thanks -- you made me spit my drink all over the keybo& !@2hjn,m

Bring your own brown paper bag to slip the red Omega bag into before exiting the store, and then go directly to your vehicle. If possible bring a friend who has MMA experience.
If Omega were smart, they would partner with Piggly Wiggly and have a swatch store next to every OB, and a pass-through door in the store. So you walk out of the swatch store with your omega in a Piggly Wiggly bag

IMG_7872.jpeg

Well, if Omega can make a boutique work in San Francisco these days, then one in DC should be doable. 🙄

I was at TJB last weekend and noticed this store front. The OB in Tyson’s seems to have downsized by changing locations. The square footage in the store may actually be larger, but they have way less window space and seemingly less selcation than they did previously.

I wonder if sales were slow and opening a second space in DC is an attempt to reach more potential clients while saving on overhead at the Tyson’s location.

Here’s a pic of the storefront in progress.

Perfect. One day, I estimate about 8 years from now, I'll pick up my Snoopy watch there, then visit the pandas at the National Zoo, and then have a hamburger for dinner at Dukes across the street.

If Omega were smart, they would partner with Piggly Wiggly and have a swatch store next to every OB, and a pass-through door in the store. So you walk out of the swatch store with your omega in a Piggly Wiggly bag

IMG_7872.jpeg

If they toss in a free pork belly with every purchase, I'll be a customer for life.

But seriously, we visit DC quite a lot and it would be fun to have another OB to visit.

I wonder if sales were slow and opening a second space in DC is an attempt to reach more potential clients while saving on overhead at the Tyson’s location.
I'd find it hard to believe overhead is less on Connecticut Ave than at Tysons Galleria. They are in the high-rent district with this one!

Continental had their shop over in this area when I bought my first Omega years ago. Not on the street level though -- was on one of the middle floors. I don't even remember that his space had any windows.

I'd find it hard to believe overhead is less on Connecticut Ave than at Tysons Galleria. They are in the high-rent district with this one!

Continental had their shop over in this area when I bought my first Omega years ago. Not on the street level though -- was on one of the middle floors. I don't even remember that his space had any windows.

I meant they were saving overhead at their Tyson's location by downsizing and moving to a less premier location in the mall, not that CT Ave would be cheaper. Channel is expanding into Omega’s previous corner space, which seemed like a prime location with a ton of window space, and the OB has moved down down the hall.

IMG_7872.jpeg

Chances of getting mugged.

Carrying a bag with some obscure Greek word on it - 1%
Carrying a bag chock full of items from Piggly Wiggly - 99%

- 99% seems like pretty good odds. Piggly Wiggly it is! 😁

I was at TJB last weekend and noticed this store front. The OB in Tyson’s seems to have downsized by changing locations. The square footage in the store may actually be larger, but they have way less window space and seemingly less selcation than they did previously.

The Tyson's Boutique is only in that smaller location temporarily. They are doing renovations to a new bigger space in Tysons. The project was years in the making. Kenny is the manager there & is amazing to work with!