Washington DC Omega Boutique?

I was at TJB last weekend and noticed this store front. The OB in Tyson’s seems to have downsized by changing locations. The square footage in the store may actually be larger, but they have way less window space and seemingly less selcation than they did previously.

I wonder if sales were slow and opening a second space in DC is an attempt to reach more potential clients while saving on overhead at the Tyson’s location.

Lenkersdorfer is also an AD in Tyson's. The DC/VA/MD metro area has quite a few ADs and now 2 boutiques. It almost seems like too many for this area.

Almost... Many people who live south or east of Beltway and don't like trekking to Tysons. Although that still seems like the lesser of two evil vs going to that location in DC. I suspect most of their clientele will be DC residents that don't drive/ own cars.

Just confirmed that the downtown DC location will be an AD...NOT an OB in case you all were wondering. This is per my Omega Boutique manager connection.

Lenkersdorfer is also an AD in Tyson's. The DC/VA/MD metro area has quite a few ADs and now 2 boutiques. It almost seems like too many for this area.

And, around the corner from Lemkersdorfer is Murad & Co, which has a great stock of Seiko and Hamilton. I stopped in today and they even had a few vintage Seiko pieces that I've never been able to see in person before.

PXL_20230625_190858367.jpg

I will say that Murad and Lemkersdorfer also seem to have staff who can actually talk about watches and watch history. Our local Baltimore AD is pleasant enough and has a good selection, but I always seem to get a salesperson who doesn't actually know much.

Just confirmed that the downtown DC location will be an AD...NOT an OB in case you all were wondering. This is per my Omega Boutique manager connection.

fascinating! I wonder why it looks so much like a boutique then? ‍

Just saw that the OB is now open! They’ve opened up next to Tiny Jewel Box which happens to be other high end watches. Looks like Omega has taken over this store here with the arrow if google maps is correct next to the big Rolex sign. IMG_2934.jpeg

Just saw that the OB is now open! They’ve opened up next to Tiny Jewel Box which happens to be other high end watches. Looks like Omega has taken over this store here with the arrow if google maps is correct next to the big Rolex sign. IMG_2934.jpeg
Just to clarify, it is an AD, not an OB. This has been confirmed from my Omega contacts. Tysons Corner is still your OB.

Just to clarify, it is an AD, not an OB. This has been confirmed from my Omega contacts. Tysons Corner is still your OB.
Omega has it listed as an OB on their website.

IMG_8024.jpeg

Omega has it listed as an OB in their website

IMG_8024.jpeg
Hmm, I’ll reach out to Kenny at Tysons to confirm. He is the Manager there. I was told different.

Hmm, I’ll reach out to Kenny at Tysons to confirm. He is the Manager there. I was told different.
Not trying to argue. This photo was added to Google Maps 6 days ago.
IMG_8025.jpeg

Isn’t the 201 area code in Northern New Jersey? DC is 202 I thought. I’ll bet that phone number isn’t correct.

upload_2023-7-22_10-23-20.png

Many Omega Boutiques are simply rooms (some with separate entrances) within much larger jewelry stores. Mayors has done that here.

In other words, don’t believe everything you read on Omega’s website.
gatorcpa

Not trying to argue. This photo was added to Google Maps 6 days ago.
IMG_8025.jpeg
Oh no...I appreciate you sharing the info! Please don't misunderstand! I need to have some words with my people 😀.

Oh no...I appreciate you sharing the info! Please don't misunderstand! I need to have some words with my people 😀.
I hadn’t had my coffee yet and didn’t want my short responses to sound argumentative 😀 but now, I’ve had several and can think/speak in more complete sentences.

Hmmmm, that flag would look nice on top of the dresser where my Omegas sleep...

I called them today and they are an OB. They don’t have a watchmaker or technician on staff who can check timing, water resistance, etc. Tyson’s location claims they are training a technician who will be a part of their staff by the end of the year, but they said the same thing to me in 2022. I would really like to be able to follow Omega’s recommendation to have my Seamaster’s WR tested annually without the watch spending 5 - 8 weeks at a service center. Maybe some day.

I called them today and they are an OB. They don’t have a watchmaker or technician on staff who can check timing, water resistance, etc. Tyson’s location claims they are training a technician who will be a part of their staff by the end of the year, but they said the same thing to me in 2022. I would really like to be able to follow Omega’s recommendation to have my Seamaster’s WR tested annually without the watch spending 5 - 8 weeks at a service center. Maybe some day.
Thanks for confirming! It's nice that there are two locations now!

FYI, Tiny Jewel Box next door can do a dry pressure test while you wait. They’re not an Omega dealer, and I’m not sure if they’d be persnickety about doing it for a brand they don’t sell, but I’m guessing if you visit when they’re not super busy, and ask very nicely, and are convincingly browsing their Tudors and IWCs and JLCs (and not making naive inquiries about Rolex and Patek), they might just do it for free.

Thanks for the recommendation @Annapolis . I’ve purchased a couple of watches at TJB, and their customer service is outstanding, so it’s a good suggestion. Part of the appeal of being able to do it at Omega would be the ability to initiate a warranty service then and there if anything were out of spec, Now that there is an OB next door to TJB, I guess the inconvenience of walking 50 feet would be bearable 😉

I’d probably leave out the detail that their competitors they share a wall with had been testing the watch moments earlier. I imagine someone could find that as grounds to invalidate the warranty.

Yeah, probably one of those things better left unsaid.

This thread actually got me looking into home waterproof test kits. Seems like a one-time $150 investment that could be worthwhile. And reviews make it seem like they work pretty well.