Was it a good buy?

Hi everyone,
I bought this one trying to get into the Omega world and I have not enough knowledge to know if I made a good purchase for trying to get a taste of what it’s like to see an omega on my wrist.
Was this a good buy? Thank you for helping me. I recently posted an option to buy and people were nice enough to steer me away from a mistake.

At 240 baht it wasn't bad, but if it was 240 bitcoin then, well...😁

1947 movement but the logo on the dial reminds me of 1930s.

Look a the bright side:
1/ you found the forum so that’s a good plus for the next one
2/ you didn’t spend 2k, only 200$. The “newbie tax” can be much steeper sometimes
3/ a good deal is also relative… at the end if you like it and wear it every day, I think you can call it a good deal. It’s not all about investment.

Look a the bright side:
1/ you found the forum so that’s a good plus for the next one
2/ you didn’t spend 2k, only 200$. The “newbie tax” can be much steeper sometimes
3/ a good deal is also relative… at the end if you like it and wear it every day, I think you can call it a good deal. It’s not all about investment.
I really appreciate your comment. I know that I know nothing now and just wanted to get something that can tell me the time and looked cool to me because I will wear it a lot. Just wanted to know if it was okay for 200 and not a fake. Like they told me before I got a lot of reading to do. I really appreciate finding this forum for sure. In my future I’d really love to own a beautiful Omega one day. Thank you and everyone!

In another thread, you said you bought a different one. So you bought two without knowing much about vintage Omegas? From the pictures, neither is in good condition, especially the dials.

In another thread, you said you bought a different one. So you bought two without knowing much about vintage Omegas? From the pictures, neither is in good condition, especially the dials.

I asked for the other one before buying it. I didn’t buy that one because of what people said. I did get this one to start learning how to service the movement. I’m not really looking for an investment watch right now. I mostly want to enjoy them, wear them and learn how to service them. I will try after I had a good run at many other movements and learn how to oil well. I just wanted to know if this one was real and not a knock-off.

I suggest you practise on cheap movements. Bulova, Waltham etc.

omega parts are getting pricier and balances very pricey. Last thing you want to do is damage a balance. Especially if discontinued