Vulcain

Hi everyone,

Sorry the photos are a bit bad—trying to get better ones. What do you think of this watch? It looks alright to me, although the case back looks a bit odd to me. Also, I can’t seem to see anything indicating whether the case is gold plated or filled, which seems a bit weird as well.

thanks!

Hi, caseback seems ok, probably gold plate. I think it could be a good timeteller but if you don't mind me asking; what appeals to you about this watch? As a sidenote: the case is usually badly affected by those straps so you might want to ask for better pictures or walk away if you're bothered by damage to the lugs. Vulcain make cool watches but this doesn't house an in-house caliber btw.
Here's a picture of a Vulcain movement designed 50 years prior to the posted watch.
Edited:

Hi, caseback seems ok, probably gold plate. I think it could be a good timeteller but if you don't mind me asking; what appeals to you about this watch? As a sidenote: the case is usually badly affected by those straps so you might want to ask for better pictures or walk away if you're bothered by damage to the lugs. Vulcain make cool watches but this doesn't house an in-house caliber btw.
Here's a picture of a Vulcain movement designed 50 years prior to the posted watch.
It is a relatively cheap option to add my collection that I can rotate in with my minstop. I just like Vulcain. I’m also looking to eventually snag a Chrono and a cricket. Might purchase one of them new when they become available from Vulcain’s site.
Yes, I’ve asked about that too. Still waiting to see. Some damage won’t bother me in this case.
Very nice movement, thank you for posting it. Looks similar to a pocket watch movement.

If it's a good runner than i understand your choice. The movement i posted is a Vulcain caliber 652 . Hard to find any info on it. I have a couple that are part of a project. It's complete but a redial is necessary.
Have a nice day MaximosChalkos

It looks alright to me
It looks alright to me as well. Movement is from Venus based on the maker's mark. As mentioned above, double-check the gold-filled case and lugs for wear against that metal strap. Otherwise, treat that watch to a complete movement service and it will reward you with accurate timekeeping for the next decade.

If it's a good runner than i understand your choice. The movement i posted is a Vulcain caliber 652 . Hard to find any info on it. I have a couple that are part of a project. It's complete but a redial is necessary.
Have a nice day MaximosChalkos
Good luck with your project!

It looks alright to me as well. Movement is from Venus based on the maker's mark. As mentioned above, double-check the gold-filled case and lugs for wear against that metal strap. Otherwise, treat that watch to a complete movement service and it will reward you with accurate timekeeping for the next decade.
Thank you! I plan on taking it to be serviced immediately.

Hi guys

For those who have Vulcain vintage watches, or who collect Vulcain Vintage, I would like to ask why some of the movements are signed with MSR instead of Vulcain, I researched about it and learned that it was made by Manufactures Suisses Reunies (MSR), is this a legit movement maker? I had 1 that told me I had a fake one because it says MSR and not Vulcain, also, I my wife have a vintage and in the bracelet it has a stamp of a Rook Figure with G inside and I tried searching in google but can't seem to get any info, I am curious if this is made of any precious metals or what. Images below and thank you in advance if there is any kind of information you can share about the G logo