Forums Latest Members

Vintage Watches - Expert Advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahammad May 24, 2017

Hello All!

I wanted to open up a thread for people to share knowledge / advice on rare vintage time pieces. I will start with one that I am very curious about. Does anyone have information about the value of "school watches"?

It is labeled Technicum La Chaux de Fonds, and was produced by one of the students at the prestigious Technicum watch university in La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland. I believe it is from the early 1940's, based on style but the exact date is unconfirmed. It is a two tone chronograph in stainless steel with a Valjoux 23 movement in mint condition.

I've been unable to find much more information on this piece, but would love to hear any more informatiom you have on the piece, history, and potential value.

Thank you!

Edited May 24, 2017
  2. Willem023 May 24, 2017

So you have it for sale, want to start a forum on these kind of watches (or do you mean 'thread') and you are asking those questions on a -although reasonably nice looking and a Valjoux calibre- watch on this Forum?
    I am afraid you lost me somewhere after 'sale'.....

If you have it for sale, please be informed that you are only able to sell on OF after you have participated in the gathering of general knowledge, hence the rule: only able to sell stuff after you have posted 200 posts.

My 2Ksh

3. Ahammad May 24, 2017

Hi Willem,

No, I am curious if anyone has more information about the piece that is shown as I cannot find much more online. I am actually looking to buy it, not sell.

The idea is that the community can get advice / share concerns on this thread. Do you have any thoughts?

Best,

4. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 24, 2017

Dear Moses Mohammed Allah & Gandalf dont do that! you dont want to do that .. dont do that here..

Trust me you dont want to do that here! see here https://omegaforums.net/threads/any...cket-watches-welcome.58156/page-3#post-721290 as to why you dont want to do that here.. May you learn from my mistakes.. as i was unintentionally doing that here (albeit without ever posting an actual link anywhere..) Don't do that shiz here especially if you have provided a link to the there on here..

Dude you'll be shredded..

OMGRLX likes this.
  5. Ahammad May 24, 2017

Dear Racist @FullyWound,

That wasn't a solicitation to sell anything. I am curious about the history and provenance of a "school watch" from La Chaux de Fonds.

Don't worry I can teach you about reading comprehension another time. Think twice next time you speak racist remarks to anyone based on pure ignorance.

FullyWound likes this.
  6. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 24, 2017

hehe why racist?

7. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 24, 2017

... OOOH i see! because your name is ahammad! and i mentioned mohammed... Jesus wept... I can't seem to do anything right in this forum lately! . https://omegaforums.net/threads/is-...ead-aka-fake-busters.43911/page-5#post-571970 ME> "can somebody PLEASE identify this watch so i can make a sensible offer these are "sellers" photographs... Please for the love of dear baby Moses, Buddha, Allah, and Christ Reborn... dont ask me to get you any more photos... it's like asking a hamster to explain quantum mechanics"

dont worry i use a variation of this expression quite frequently its non specific to you or your faith.. unless you are christian & muslim & a member of middle earth this was not very "specific" to you

Edited May 24, 2017
    OMGRLX and Foo2rama like this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 24, 2017

Saruman was my father how dare you bring up that Grey old man, who rejected his grey heritage and rebranded himself as white!!!

This shall not pass!!

OMGRLX, Jwit, kkt and 1 other person like this.
  9. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 24, 2017

i think now is a good time for me to bow out of this forum, i mean thread.. i have insulted @Foo2rama

OMGRLX and Foo2rama like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.