Forums Latest Members

Any ANTIQUE Omega Watches? Pocket Watches Welcome..

1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 22, 2017

We had a young guy from the UK that frequently replied in caps, ignored all suggestions, was constantly on the hustle and would just straight up deny anything and everything he was doing whenever called out on it. I feel like I'm having the exact same conversations from 2012-2014 all over again with the "who me?" and "witchhunt" nonsense. Just read the above posts, take them to heart and try to understand the message being conveyed, its not that difficult.

2. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

I just post pictures before i delete them i think you have misinterpreted.. you seem too ready to attack and protect from invasion i am just posting pictures i the order described above.. sharing before deletion... black dials in black dials military in military.. thats what people came to see in those threads pictures of black dials and pictures of military watches.. there was no transitional quartz so i started one.. I can't contribute what i dont have.. what i have are images of watches because they need to be taken.. that's all..

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 22, 2017

So is that a no on you being willing to just take the advice to heart and understanding what we're saying? Because its really not that hard to go "ok yea I get it" and be mindful of coming across as a hawker moving forward.

4. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

agreed

5. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

hey..
    hey you.
    hey..
    you..

yea you..
    you wanna buy a Vertex?

SAM_5068.jpg
  6. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

Im Joking Im Joking!

7. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

right you you wanna delete this stupid thread... there is no thread i can revive with "antique" only omega so ill start one anyway.. ill just grab some pics off the net.. or dig up some old ones..

8. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 22, 2017

Or wait until your watch actually sells. This seems to be more of a timing issue than anything else.
    gatorcpa

FullyWound likes this.
  9. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

I just want to stress it IS coming across wrong listed last night today new day so the photos need to get deleted..

I thought "its a shame there is no antique watches thread on OF because after doing all this research and looking at all these watches (i have like 4 or 5) they will just be deleted it's currently a ready bank of Antique omega photos.. ill start thread, maybe someone else will like them too.."

Someone ELSE says oh you have it listed I never said i have it listed.. its just "when i had the photos ready i have a place that is not forever deleted.. to share them with like minded individuals..

I genuinely was not trying to "Hawk" my listings

10. Canuck May 22, 2017

I naively posted a picture of a watch in this thread. I thought the subject was watches. Wrong again!

Tire-comedon, FullyWound and Skrotis like this.
  11. Tire-comedon First Globemaster May 22, 2017

Hi Gator,
    Both watches are different refs.
    Yours is a CK 2023 (here in a 140 catalog) :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The OP is a CK 793, here in a 1936 catalog :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The lug shape is very different.

Hi to both Gator and François

I agree with you that the case and caliber are too far away in terms of production years, and they were not assembled together at the Omega factory. Considering its style, I would say that the dial is contemporaneous to the caliber.

12. Tire-comedon First Globemaster May 22, 2017

The first two pictures are nice... but not dating from 1932 as the last page of this catalog refers to the Teddington world record by Omega in 1933. It is at the earliest from 1934.

For the last two picture, the case is not typical of the 40's, and the catalog extract you showed is a scan I made of one of my catalogs, dated 1930.

13. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. May 22, 2017

If this was not just a post on Omega forums and it was maybe an ebay listing, or not, if it were, which i would not ever mention on OF and of course NEVER have.. I would tell you that the listing has been revised.. However i will not as it MAY insinuate i am somehow making some kinda connection, that i may or may not have a watch for sale at a similar time to posting images that were or were not in any way linked to an account anywhere else selling watches maybe or maybe not on ebay or or any other platform. like a website. possibly in my screen name. Or not.
    I will say tho Maybe there's an argument in putting up all of my listings BEFORE, rather than after they go on ebay... or not
    Thank you:D

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector May 23, 2017

Put your listings up where you want, but by you posting all the for sale listing photos of a watch you have for sale in another thread is the bit that makes it look iffy.
    That's it, I worked this out two pages ago.......

Willem023 likes this.