Vintage Seiko Service?

Posts
336
Likes
925
Morning all, I was hoping someone could recommend a good place to send my
Seiko 6119-8460 for service. I live on the East end of Long Island, New York. I am definitely not opposed to sending it off if need be. Any help is appreciated, thanks! 😎
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
I'd suggest a forum search. The same people have been recommended many times.
 
Posts
336
Likes
925
Thanks Dan, I was hoping I could find something local to where I live. I have been searching the forum but I’m probably not doing it correctly. I will keep trying. Thanks.
 
Posts
336
Likes
925
Ok, I have been trying to search the forum all morning. Whenever I type in “ Seiko service “ it sends me to For sale/sold listings?? Am I doing this wrong? 😑
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
 
Posts
336
Likes
925
Thank you
 
Posts
336
Likes
925
I think Redpcar was right! I should learn how to service these things my self! 😎😜
Most are not accepting and the rest are half way across the planet .
I will continue my search as I really enjoy this watch on my wrist.
And yes, the date wheel is stuck!! 😡
Edited:
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
You might try setting up an account and posting on the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum (SCWF) … I think you’re likely to get a few good recommendations:

https://www.thewatchsite.com/

Although, as you point out, a lot of the Usual Suspects in the vintage Seiko world are overwhelmed with work.
 
Posts
336
Likes
925
You might try setting up an account and posting on the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum (SCWF) … I think you’re likely to get a few good recommendations:

https://www.thewatchsite.com/

Although, as you point out, a lot of the Usual Suspects in the vintage Seiko world are overwhelmed with work.
Thank you for getting back to me. 😊 I will try that.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
Most are not accepting and the rest are half way across the planet .
I have just accepted the necessity of sending some watches abroad to be repaired.
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
I have just accepted the necessity of sending some watches abroad to be repaired.
I've had a US member send a Seiko to me for service as he couldn't get any interest from his local watchmakers.
 
Posts
336
Likes
925
I've had a US member send a Seiko to me for service as he couldn't get any interest from his local watchmakers.
Ok great, I will send it to you!!! 😝
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
Ok great, I will send it to you!!! 😝
👍
I'm up for it. PM me if you need my address.
😉
 
Posts
140
Likes
80
If you’ve already joined the SCWF, try John Sachs (Vette Enthusiast) on the forum. He’s been servicing my vintage Seikos, as well as numerous other collectors for sometime.