Vintage Seiko Sea Horse Dial: 62MAS-Style Non-Diver

Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
If you search for seahorse on OF, you will find hundreds of posts discussing the back of Seamasters and pre-moon Speedmasters. But here's an actual Sea Horse. Essentially a 62MAS dial in a non-diver format.

I have seen photos of a non-date version as well, without the contrasting chapter ring. Anybody have one?

 
Posts
143
Likes
464
I've got a lot of Seikos with Seahorses on the back, but I think perhaps just these two with it written on the dial. Sorry - poor lighting at night in the house:

 
Posts
143
Likes
464
The caseback on the black dial is a 13055, but not a lot left of it...



The white dial is a J13032

 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
I've got a lot of Seikos with Seahorses on the back, but I think perhaps just these two with it written on the dial. Sorry - poor lighting at night in the house:

The black one, that's what I'm talking about! Dibs if you ever sell it, Dan. 馃榾
 
Posts
365
Likes
1,675
Lovely! And another vintage Seiko to go on the "list".

They did Sea Lions as well as the Sea Horses. Can anyone think of any other sea creatures summoned by Seiko?
 
Posts
143
Likes
464
Flying Fish + Blue Yacht... not a fish, but nautical theme to communicate water resistance

 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
I guess the tsunami also indicated water resistance. This is not the greatest, you probably have one that is more clear.

 
Posts
1,329
Likes
6,033
they seemed to use Sea Horse for all sorts of stuff back in the day...

 
Posts
365
Likes
1,675
Made in Japan and rocking an NH35, the Kentex Marineman partially qualifies (if you like Seiko, Kentex is kinda of the "interesting" cousin).