Vintage Omega.... need help

Posts
5
Likes
1
I have a vintage OmegaTripleDateMoonphase watch.
Ultimately I wish to sell it.
I have not had it opened by a watch maker.
Any suggestions as to where to list it for sale and how to handle the selling of it.
This is all new to me.
Thanks,
Kelly

 
Posts
4,497
Likes
11,002
Go to ebay and type in the search: Omega 2471
Then check the sold listings.
 
Posts
890
Likes
1,225
To ensure you have realistic valuations, make sure you search for sold items, not currently listed for sale.
These models fetch decent prices, but many dealers have them 2-3 times overpriced on the main platforms. And they never sell.
You can also check the private sales of this forum, which would give you some good data point.
 
Posts
943
Likes
602
First thing I would do is take that cheap expanding bracelet off of it. Get it on a nice leather strap before the sale. Good luck.
 
Posts
5
Likes
1
To ensure you have realistic valuations, make sure you search for sold items, not currently listed for sale.
These models fetch decent prices, but many dealers have them 2-3 times overpriced on the main platforms. And they never sell.
You can also check the private sales of this forum, which would give you some good data point.
Thank you. How do I check sold items on this forum?
 
Posts
5
Likes
1
First thing I would do is take that cheap expanding bracelet off of it. Get it on a nice leather strap before the sale. Good luck.
Thank you. Perhaps I should just remove the bracelet. Am I able to list it for sale on this forum? Can I see what others have sold for on this forum?
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
Am I able to list it for sale on this forum?
No, you have a bit to go before you get that access.

Can I see what others have sold for on this forum?
Yes, the forum has an excellent search feature.


It is still recommended to search ebay and utilize the sold/completed filters as it will provide more data points.
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,108
Thank you. Perhaps I should just remove the bracelet. Am I able to list it for sale on this forum? Can I see what others have sold for on this forum?
No, you are not allowed unless you have 200 posts. You can search the sales on this forum to see what reasonable asks and sale look like. Google will ring them up too.
 
Posts
5
Likes
1
No, you are not allowed unless you have 200 posts. You can search the sales on this forum to see what reasonable asks and sale look like. Google will ring them up too.

I have a vintage OmegaTripleDateMoonphase watch.
Ultimately I wish to sell it.
I have not had it opened by a watch maker.
Any suggestions as to where to list it for sale and how to handle the selling of it.
This is all new to me.
Thanks,
Kelly
All the functions are working on this watch. They were made between 1947 and 1951.Ref. 2471.
 
Posts
24,800
Likes
55,082
All the functions are working on this watch. They were made between 1947 and 1951.Ref. 2471.
:🍿:
 
Posts
13,915
Likes
54,108
Will leave this one to the moderators.