Vintage Omega eBay bids observation

Hello guys, I’m the proud owner of a ref. 2279 cal. 321 and since I received it as a gift I immediately fell in love with vintage Omega watches, to the point I started watching and studying models and market in general.

From my little experience I came to the following conclusion: I’ve been watching pie pan constellation watches and vintage seamaster models as references. I’ve noticed that often eBay bids close higher than the actual Chrono 24 price for similar models/year combination taken into account, as well as the overall general condition/service.
I still have a long road to go, but I was wondering if it is a good option going for something that often result higher in price through eBay with respect to something equally good on chrono, where’s the catch? Getting something you like for a lower price than the market one when you’re lucky to get that bidding ?

I’m open to any observation since as I said, I’m a newbie enthusiast of this world.

Thanks in advance for your precious answer

Welcome

do you have any affiliation with or a seller on Chrono24?

a bot?

pictures of your 321 would be nice to see.

Welcome

do you have any affiliation with or a seller on Chrono24?

a bot?

pictures of your 321 would be nice to see.
No affiliations, is it something I should look for?! I’m trying to find out the way it works.

here it is! Not a perfect picture but will do for now

Hello guys, I’m the proud owner of a ref. 2279 cal. 321 and since I received it as a gift I immediately fell in love with vintage Omega watches, to the point I started watching and studying models and market in general.

From my little experience I came to the following conclusion: I’ve been watching pie pan constellation watches and vintage seamaster models as references. I’ve noticed that often eBay bids close higher than the actual Chrono 24 price for similar models/year combination taken into account, as well as the overall general condition/service.
I still have a long road to go, but I was wondering if it is a good option going for something that often result higher in price through eBay with respect to something equally good on chrono, where’s the catch? Getting something you like for a lower price than the market one when you’re lucky to get that bidding ?

I’m open to any observation since as I said, I’m a newbie enthusiast of this world.

Thanks in advance for your precious answer
Without specific examples to support your hypothesis its very difficult to comment. It is just subjective opinion.

My experience is the opposite. I.e C24 prices appear higher in general than ebay finished auctions but I also accept its not a particularly scientific study

What may seem like 2 very similar watches are in fact far from it when put under the microscope. Sometimes small differentials can make a huge difference in price.