Forums Latest Members

Vintage Omega Bullseye, any information on genuineness

1. Meoppies May 12, 2022

Does anyone have any information regarding this exact Omega Bullseye? When looking at these models, I've learned there are a lot of different variations of these watches and not many owners sharing them online. I know the watch was refurbished, and was told it's a Tuxedo version of the Bullseye.

2. Azveld May 12, 2022

the dial is repainted IMO

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. cvalue13 May 12, 2022

I believe OP was signaling this understanding already.

4. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member May 12, 2022

Repainted dial trying to imitate this look:

[​IMG]

5. Meoppies May 12, 2022

How do people feel about repainted dials? Is it generally a mood killer for any potential buyers?

6. Geonor May 12, 2022

For a collector this watch is worthless yes. For just a cool looking Omega to wear, sure whatever. This one in particular is pretty shoddy looking with crooked lines when blown up on a big screen but I'm sure it's fine on the wrist.

7. Dan S May 12, 2022

Who knows how the original dial looked, could have been anything. Sellers commonly repaint dials in popular colors and patterns. If you are interested in a collectible vintage watch, then you don't want it. If you just want an attractive watch to wear with a vintage look, and you never plan to sell it, then it would be fine. Keep in mind that you might have to pay an extra few hundred to have it serviced.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  8. cvalue13 May 13, 2022

all a question of price and intent

9. smoothsecondscom May 13, 2022

Not for everybody, there are some collectors that don't mind it much, it can be a cheap way to have a cool vintage watch if you personally don't mind the redial. However; for most collectors redial are a no-go or severely diminish value at the very least.

10. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur May 13, 2022

They don't come here often enough, I believe.