Vintage movement red flags

Hello everyone!!! I’m writing this thread because I saw a vintage omega listed as a cal 286, but there are a couple of things that I find to be rather unsettling. First of all, when I compare it to other 286 movements there is a missing gear, and second, there is no calibre stamp where it should usually be. The last picture is of a normal cal 286 that I found online.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

the shown watch has a sub second movement, the other one a center second. both are from the same movement family. The movement of the first watch is more likely a Cal. 261. But back to your inital question: its legit.

the shown watch has a sub second movement, the other one a center second. both are from the same movement family. The movement of the first watch is more likely a Cal. 261. But back to your inital question: its legit.
Wow, thank you very much, it makes a lot of sense now when seeing the placement of the gear, and the fact that it has a small seconds complication. Besides that, do you think the watch is in good condition and worth purchasing for 300 dollars??

the first watch is more likely a Cal. 261

Going by the high serial number it is more likely a 268. As the balance is moving we cannot count the spokes, there should be 4

Maybe it was a typo in the item description and they mixed up 286 and 268

Going by the high serial number it is more likely a 268. As the balance is moving we cannot count the spokes, there should be 4

Maybe it was a typo in the item description and they mixed up 286 and 268
I just compared it to pictures of 268. And I think it looks just right. Do you think it’s worth purchasing for 300 dollars??

Well you can't get much in Omegas for $300 so it ain't bad 👍
A bit less than what my fillings cost.

Good basic workhorse watch. One can spend that much and more on service alone. And this one has a case. Try finding a case without a movement.