Forums Latest Members
  1. reverbtime Jan 27, 2023

Saw this on Mercado Libre (South America's version of eBay/Amazon). In U.S. dollars conversion, it is selling for ca. $490 USD. After researching, it's ref. DB 386.0822 quartz Seamaster from the 1988 International Collection, and a Gerald Genta design (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). It's 32mm, but my 6.5 in. wrist might be able to pull it off.

Wondering if there might be any red flags in the photos, and does it look unpolished?

In case all looks good, would Omega be able to service it?

Thanks for any help with this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

janice&fred likes this.
  2. ken_hodson Jan 27, 2023

I'm no expert at all and others may want to chip in, but wonder about the bracelet finishing... are the gold links supposed to be shiny? If they are, the silver links look like they have been inadvertently polished in the middle too, which is unlikely to be correct. I suspect refinishing and not by Omega. (The silver links should be fully brushed?)

Again, I'm definitely no expert, but would research what the correct finishing of the bracelet should be for this model if originality is a deciding factor for you.

3. kaplan Jan 27, 2023

Those crystal bubbles are a red flag for me

4. rendo Jan 27, 2023

To me it looks like there's protective film on the crystal.

5. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Jan 27, 2023

Looks to me like a plastic film on the crystal.

Agree that the links on the bracelet appear to be polished.

The lume on the hands is very dark. Most probably original but I would relume the hands.

I would say the watch case has been "polished" because the grain is non-uniform and bit too grainy.

6. kaplan Jan 27, 2023

That would make sense, looked into the model and the bezel appears to be on a lower level than the crystal rather than glued to it

7. janice&fred Jan 27, 2023

I don't mind quartz watches and actually prefer them for normal daily wear. However these kinky complicated ones scare me as what to do when things stop working? This model watch and the Breitling Aerospace have similar style turn-the-crown-to-change-functions stuff going on that can't be an easy fix when they fizzle out.

8. Donn Chambers Jan 27, 2023

Looks good to me. I’m on the hunt for the quartz chronograph version of this. If I was looking for this version, I’d snap it up at that price.

9. Transitus Jan 27, 2023

+1
    The integrated bracelet is the same as the seamaster 200 but with different clasp. The gold links originally had a brushed finish.

10. reverbtime Jan 28, 2023

Thanks everyone for these very detailed replies. I think I will take a step back on this one.