Forums Latest Members

Vintage Longines Conquest vs. Heritage

1. graftdesign Oct 13, 2019

I see there’s a similar post so I tried deleting but it won’t let me....

Edited Oct 14, 2019
  2. danielbird193 Oct 14, 2019

Any chance of posting a link to the similar thread you found? I would find this topic interesting!

3. graftdesign Oct 14, 2019

The Longines Heritage Classic 'Sector'
    The post i deleted inquired whether the original Conquest was horologically a better choice vs. the Heritage series in regards to the movement. I see it's not all that clear-cut of an answer and hinges on personal preference and in the case of vintage - sentimental and historical attachment. I find the topic interesting as well and there's just not that much written on the subject from what I can tell. My line of reasoning was that the 50's and 60's Longines was built to a very high standard that rivaled the high end watches so from that perspective one could argue it's probably a better choice... but I'm still a relative newbie in this area. The new Heritage line seems very good too and might benefit from advances in technology which most likely piggybacks on what was developed years ago.

Benbradstock likes this.
  4. Benbradstock Oct 15, 2019

I have two 1950s Conquests, a stainless and an 18 karat gold. While the heritage will have fewer visual and operational defects, for me there’s no contest. The vintage pieces have vibe and gravitas which seldom exist in a new watch. If you’re up for being picky and patient, hunt for a good vintage one. Good luck in either case.

321Only likes this.