Vintage Longines "Taybrite" Buckle: Real or Fake?

Posts
1,610
Likes
6,045
Hi guys,
looking for vintage Longines buckles from the 50s, I sometimes bumped into specimens like this one pictured, with "taybrite" on the back, where I would expect "staybrite".
Otherwise buckle looks fine and original to me...what do you think?
Thanks!
Alessandro

 
Posts
1,855
Likes
9,467
Taybrite is a high-quality, economical and versatile smokeless solid fuel, ideal for multi-fuel stoves, boilers and open fireplaces. 馃
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,045
I didn't buy it anyway, I trusted the "50% fake" party 馃榿
 
Posts
118
Likes
63
I think that's original. Seeing that missing "S" on Omega buckles is almost more common than seeing it properly stamped. The "S" must have broken off from the stamp and took time for the factory to notice it. And for some reason Omega was okay with the misspelling, or also didn't notice it. Who knows.

Anyways, these Staybrite buckles are more rare on Longines side than on Omegas. But I just purchased one that's from -50s. You can see it being practically identical with yours except the stamps. (Sorry about the photo quality, I haven't yet received this one so photos are from seller.)

 
Posts
8,246
Likes
29,135
I've been taring at the photo for several minutes, and am till unsure. But if I were you, I'd probably tay away. 馃榾
 
Posts
3,296
Likes
9,915
Its a buckle with a speach impediment, that all.
 
Posts
118
Likes
63
Here example of original Omega buckle with that same defect of a missing letter.