Forums Latest Members
  1. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 16, 2015

At times like this, we should be grateful for the 200 posting rule...

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Feb 16, 2015

You need to go to Glasgow for that.

Fritz likes this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Feb 16, 2015

Naw..... I'd reach Newfoundland before I was half way there...... now they have fish!

OmegaRookie likes this.
  4. marturx Feb 16, 2015

Nope. I haven't. This was the the first time I read a post from him, and didn't find it odd per se.

I guess you guys have seen more than I have, then

5. redpcar Feb 16, 2015

Very formal avitar.....unlike my toy car.

6. Davidt Feb 16, 2015

To the OP, you have to realise that this is a collectors forum, to allow likeminded people to discuss, learn, educate and in some cases, trade.

You say that you're doing well as a dealer. That is great if your customers are also doing well. The concern is that given some of your posts, they may not be.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 16, 2015

I took a quick look at the site. Watches for the most part are pretty decent, but generally overpriced, even by European standards.

If he is buying watches this way, it is no wonder. Need to get a little better at judging prices.

Buying at top retail and selling for more isn't going get anyone very far.
    gatorcpa

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 17, 2015

Sorry your wrong 300 omegas not 200 read your post below :whistling:

How many times has he asked

this is also a deluxe or?

Then there is this one

http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-special-de-luxe-produced-10-times-only.21108/

Got a watch maker that will replace parts and not service as well.

The interesting thing is, that if a watch starts lacking time (-+30 seconds a day or worse) or even some wheel breaks inside the movement my watchmaker charges 50 Euros on average for the repair of the part. So for the price of a service i can take the very same watch six (!) times to the watchmaker - and i never needed to take a watch twice to him so far. (Traded arround 300 Omegas)

::popcorn::

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 18, 2015

Check the sales forum - he's been given permission to post there without 200 posts...

10. ev3rclear Feb 18, 2015

"I took a quick look at the site. Watches for the most part are pretty decent..." (gatorcpa)

Edited Feb 27, 2015
  11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2015

I thought the same when I first took a quick look at the site a couple of weeks ago, but then after reading some of your comments I actually looked closer at a few of them and the state they're in for the money you're asking. I realise getting them serviced rather than just regulating them and hoping the paypal buyer protection window expires before they break on the new owner cuts into profit margins but I've seen plenty take your approach before and it doesn't end well.

12. ev3rclear Feb 18, 2015

Hey,

Edited Feb 27, 2015
  13. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Feb 18, 2015

I hope you are not the one doing the regulating.... for the sake of the watch

14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2015

The statements bolded above indicate that you really shouldn't be involved in dealing watches and need to find yourself a better means of employment. I've just pulled your FS access as I don't want members of this site, particularly novice ones becoming part of your learning curve.

15. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 18, 2015

Just to put it out there and not taking a position either side of the argument, plenty of sellers in the FS forums state "service history unknown" or "probably needs a service". What's the difference? Wouldn't it be more of a problem if there was an attempt to deceive by saying a watch had been serviced when it hadn't? If all facts are known in advance then its the buyers prerogative isn't it?

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 18, 2015

It absolutely is the buyer's choice, and there's nothing wrong with being upfront about a watch needing a service, I've bought plenty of watches for myself in that category.

17. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 18, 2015

I would like to step in and just state that if you are churning out 150 average watches a year and deal in similar vintage calibers you SHOULD know your pricing as you "specialize" in vintage Omegas not a ton of different brands. When I first started I was definitely reading and watching and creating excel spreadsheets to track model, prices, demand, etc and not asking the public forum for valuation and authentication (which is YOUR job). I can understand the random occurrence when a collector has a valid question but as a self proclaimed dealer that is poor business practice. I mean what do I know in this business...

timeismoney, NT931, lando and 3 others like this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Feb 19, 2015

What about the watch you pulled apart and stuffed just before someone came to pick it up and jumped on here and asked us what to do to fix it

http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-tripe-date-day-date.20494/

All on forum should read second post by ev3rclear on this beauty of a thread

Also all the times you mention your business in posts on this forum is growing a bit old

19. imexian Feb 19, 2015

::popcorn::Mr clear isn't being very transparent...
    I dare suggest he might have burnt his boats here.
    The reason I never got involved in one of his posts was because I could read between the lines, i guess to long in business myself (no watches involved!!!) so always a bit sceptical of this thing.
    I'll keep eye on this though ::popcorn::::stirthepot::

20. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 19, 2015

This thread is giving me flashbacks. We've been down this road before with others...

As ever, buyer beware.

ilrocco likes this.