Forums Latest Members

Universal Geneve FS, the "other” railway watch

1. arturo7 Jul 8, 2021

I've been searching on and off for a while. As stated, prices seem to be a bit ahead of quality at present.

2. tyrantlizardrex gone to the islands Jul 8, 2021

Thanks chaps.

I've been keeping an eye on eBay (europe wide), but things are a bit thin on the ground, and as @arturo7 very rightly says the prices are ahead of the quality.

3. berrychlossom Jul 8, 2021

Good luck, I remember seeing one on ebay last week for $500 , didn't last that long

4. perseo66 Jul 12, 2021

sorry for the delay.
    your watch is a model used only to sell watches the model is very similar to other watches. they have the same numbers. but they are not FS. they are very well done. they are not fake. the number is the reference of the watch. they are very elegant. but they have nothing in common with the railways.
    arsa has sold pocket watches for the FS with progressive serial number, they are highly sought after by collectors. lorenz has never sold watches to the FS. has participated like many other factories in the tenders to win a commission. but nothing lorenz-automatico-FS1.jpg lorenz-automatico-fs3.jpg
    Hello
    photo on www.subito.it trhis watch is on sale

omegastar likes this.
  5. perseo66 Jul 12, 2021

yessss let's hunt in Italy
    ebay.it
    subito.it

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. omegastar Jul 13, 2021

So if I understand correctly it is not a issued FS watch, but a prototype submitted to FS commission ?

7. perseo66 Jul 25, 2021

no prototype. civil watch

omegastar likes this.