Forums Latest Members

Ultraman flipping by employee at Omega AD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 13, 2018

1F53632F-6259-4327-B463-C99ED8FC795C.gif

DLT222 likes this.
  2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 13, 2018

Unfortunately you haven't got a fucking clue what you are talking about. Sorry for the language but when I see a retard repeatedly posting absolute garbage, decorum goes out the window.
    Edit, Foo2rama beat me to it.

Edited Sep 13, 2018
    Rodmar, nixf6, kov and 1 other person like this.
  3. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 13, 2018

I am definitely repentant that I did not understand the ins and outs of LE watches. I was under the impression the subject under scrutiny acquired the watch through the AD he worked at. I’ll try to be more thorough in research from now on.

Lonestar and Mad Dog like this.
  4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 13, 2018

Maybe WUS can help you out, you'll fit in fine there.

Rodmar likes this.
  5. TinyClown Sep 13, 2018

I disagree with the 15 people who use the fact that this watch was ordered by Lars directly from Omega as a crutch on which to rest a conclusion that everything is ok. It’s an Omega product, he sells Omega watches for a living. If Omega’s goal is to cut down on flipping of their limited editions then he’s doing the exact opposite of what the brand he sells is trying to do. He’s profiting off of one of Omega’s limited editions and how he came to own it does not excuse the conduct.

6. larryganz The cable guy Sep 13, 2018

I don't know.

- Did you buy one specifically to flip at a $4000 profit, while flaunting that you work at an OB? If so, it's likely.
    - Did you buy one specifically to flip, but you didn't ask for more than few hundred over your costs? If so, probably not.
    - Did you buy one specifically for your own use, decided you don't like it, and selling for a fair price? If so, then no.

To me it's a combination of factors, not just the intent to flip, nor the amount to flip it for, but the overall intent along with how one carries oneself in flipping it. The person who just doesn't like it after it arrives can sell it for whatever people want to offer for it.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of flippers who speculate on the price of limited edition watches, keeping them out of the hands of the genuine enthusiasts when they first come out. It's not illegal, but it chaps my ass - just not as much as the people who buy water before a hurricane and sell it for 5-10x their cost.

Mr Blond, jmazpiazu and queriver like this.
  7. texasmade Sep 13, 2018

He didn’t get the watch because he was an employee of an Omega AD. He got it like everyone else. He went online and reserved it. What’s bad is the fact that he’s selling it while displaying that he works at an AD. This is really bad optics for the seller and the AD as it makes it look like he was abusing his position as an AD employee. If he had never used any of the AD stuff, no one would know who he was and we wouldn’t have this thread with pages of posts about it.

Lonestar, queriver and Foo2rama like this.
  8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 13, 2018

Rodmar, Traveler and gostang9 like this.
  9. dwboston Sep 13, 2018

It's kind of funny that someone who has made more than a few posts lately about the Tintin watch, and its alleged meteoric rise in value, has a case of the vapors at someone else acquiring a watch legitimately through the standard Omega process and then selling it for a profit. Spare me the BS about morality or impugning the kid's character. Literally anyone who follows Omega's social media channels had an opportunity to reserve this watch. I had one reserved, but decided to cancel so someone on the wait list could get one. Does that make me morally superior to this kid because I didn't flip? Of course not - I thought about it but figured someone here might have the opportunity to snag it, so I passed. More power to the kid because he took the initiative and the risk - as there was no guarantee he could sell it for more than he paid. These are luxury goods that no one "needs". The moralizing about it is comical.

Lonestar, Rodmar, queriver and 5 others like this.
  10. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 13, 2018

This is nowhere near the same as "curbing". You want this to be unethical so badly that you seem very willing to shape this story to fit your narrative.

kov likes this.
  11. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Sep 13, 2018

I was under the same impression as you...so I’m also repenting. I need to do more thorough research as well.

12. TinyClown Sep 13, 2018

I deleted the comment because it made little sense to continue arguing about it. Selling watches at a brick and mortar store is, in part, the selling of an illusion of value. The unspoken rule in that setting is “don’t do things that destroy that illusion”, don’t tell customers their watch will lose eighty percent of its value as soon as they walk out the door, don’t go to a RedBar meeting and shoot your mouth off about how much Ulysse Nardin really sucks if you sell Ulysse Nardin at work. “Don’t tarnish the brand” is another way of putting it.

13. Rman Sep 13, 2018

Fortune cookie say

“When you fight against reality you lose every time.”

14. Jonatan Sep 13, 2018

How is this even worth six pages of discussion?

JesterP and queriver like this.
  15. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Sep 13, 2018

Slow day.

16. jmazpiazu Sep 13, 2018

+1

17. blokk Sep 14, 2018

Needs another LE release to distract people from this thread.

Lonestar, JesterP and queriver like this.
  18. ioaniro Sep 14, 2018

6 pages for a guy that ordered a watch on the internet and then tried to resell it for a bit of profit? If omega wouldn't want flipping of LEs they'd make the warranty on the buyers name. He just did what most people do, what does his work place have to do with anything.

Foo2rama likes this.
  19. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 14, 2018

Everything else aside, it could be argued that he has brought his employer into disrepute. The internet hoohah, rather reinforces this and were I his boss I would be having a quiet word. Many businesses have pretty strict social media policies in place for this very reason and it would not surprise me if his employment prospects were significantly damaged by this. He did nothing wrong other than to show a lack of judgement. Of course they make take the view that the exposure highlights that certain Omegas are money spinners and pat him on the back. I doubt it though...

Edited Sep 14, 2018
    tyrantlizardrex, Lonestar and Rodmar like this.
  20. ICONO Sep 14, 2018

No....Most people do not do that

That’s the difference, between Gentlemen…& Players

Mr Blond likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.