Forums Latest Members

Ultraman flipping by employee at Omega AD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 14, 2018

You have a funny way of staying neutral.

2. gostang9 Sep 14, 2018

I can’t answer this for you, however, I picked my Ultraman up today and the AD said they had to see my photo ID and submit a photo of me along with proof of my purchase. I would assume this is the case for all units and so there is certainly some level of expected control to ensure only legitimate recipients as determined by Omega pick it up.

Lonestar likes this.
  3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 14, 2018

Thanks - my Q really is what happens to those who don't get picked up but were still delivered ;)

And congrats on the purchase!

gostang9 likes this.
  4. TinyClown Sep 14, 2018

Time to get out the popcorn - it’s Friday after all

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 14, 2018

I think we can all assume it's not the one of the admins that is offering his Ultraman here at at a substantial premium, or you would be starting a thread slagging him off for taking advantage of his position.

ConElPueblo and Rodmar like this.
  6. TinyClown Sep 14, 2018

Your computer called. It’s overheating:

6ED6EC87-C8A6-475F-9C20-E217F6907FFD.jpeg
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 14, 2018

More the irony... or am I the only one that sees it.

Rodmar likes this.
  8. texasmade Sep 14, 2018

Provided the admin doesn't work at an AD and is selling the watch using photos taken at the AD, there probably wouldn't be an uproar. Now if it was someone like Robert-Jan selling his ST2 as soon as he got it for a substantial markup, that would probably be a really bad look.

Lonestar likes this.
  9. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 14, 2018

Are you for real?

10. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

I was thinking of selling my Ultraman... What are the rules for me? Just wanted to know before I cross the invisible line....

Maybe we need the " Invisible Fence"

Good Hunting
    Bill

Ps for the record , I find it odd the seller took his for sales photos at the AD... a little over the top for me.

Lonestar, Rodmar and Foo2rama like this.
  11. queriver Sep 14, 2018

Hey @TinyClown , have we beaten the number of posts on Klokkeriet about young Lars? Can we clock out now?

12. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 14, 2018

Same rules as anyone else. Its your watch, ask what you want for it. If you make a nice profit good luck to you.

Rodmar and gostang9 like this.
  13. texasmade Sep 14, 2018

Yes. Not too sure what you don’t understand. If admin has an LE watch and works for an AD, he or she shouldn’t be using photos taken at the AD to sell. There a million other places to take photos of the watch outside of an AD to prevent threads like this.

14. tyrantlizardrex Sep 14, 2018

Er... you have to stand on one foot, whilst eating a kraft cheese slice, with a towel under one arm, playing the star spangled banner on a kazoo... only then can you sell your Ultraman. ;)

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

Can we all find something else now please?
    [​IMG]

queriver and Foo2rama like this.
  16. tritto Sep 14, 2018

Geez, this thread is getting some people a bit hot under the collar.
    My perspective is:
    The guy got a reservation just like the other 2000-odd people. He got on the Omega website at the right time and got lucky. He selected the most convenient AD as his delivery point. He happens to work there. The fact he works at an AD plays no part in his securing a private reservation and purchase.
    When it arrived he took some photos at his workplace. Probably not wise in hindsight as mixing work and private activities on social media is always risky.
    He's looking to make a quick buck out of his good luck. People have been doing that throughout history. It's nothing new and it's not hurting anyone (if you think a watch guy missing out on an LE watch is a hurt your perspective is questionable).
    Now his employer may feel that their reputation is damaged and decide to counsel or even fire him. That's between them.
    If he makes a profit on a product of limited availability that is desirable to people with more disposable income than average then good luck to him.

Lonestar and Rodmar like this.
  17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2018

Mmm, I must have forgot to say please.

arcadelt, queriver, Rodmar and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.