UG Tri-compax Dial " evolution, varience, service dial & redial referece guide " READ ENTIRE THREAD

This 22536 - with extended case correctors - is close (959.210) but no cigar https://omegaforums.net/threads/ug-...e-read-entire-thread.48137/page-8#post-944231

Another 959k serial (959.316) with extended case correctors: https://omegaforums.net/threads/tri-compax-dash-vs-space-vs-no-gap-space.59344/#post-742756

Hodinkee has a story mentioning pre-production when selling 316: https://shop.hodinkee.com/products/...compax-reference-22536?variant=12235545018443 Intruiging fact is that it has a unnumbered movement btw.

@Larry S I think you may refer to this post: https://omegaforums.net/threads/ug-...e-read-entire-thread.48137/page-8#post-944402

Schermafbeelding 2022-06-29 183731.jpg
Edited:

Like 2
@Mark020 ….Yep! Don’t know where I got the idea that there were any produced in the late 30s. Well done!

Like 1
Just crawled through the entire thread--WOW
Ability of this group to scratch, pull, push and tear within itself (and do it respectfully) to get to a proper conclusion--just awesome--

Like 4
How about these two? Is the dial by itself, is that real?
And the first watch photo? Fake dial?

Both look ok to me from those low-res pics..

yes, both original UG, the first one is a standard no hyphen service dial.

Like 1
@Captainsisko … had you paid attention to the thread title, you would not be asking if the first dial was fake. Discussed at length.

Like 1
@Captainsisko … had you paid attention to the thread title, you would not be asking if the first dial was fake. Discussed at length.

I have read it and it's a good read but the first one I was not sure about, I noticed the no hyphen and that the seconds dial seems very off centre, so I thought it was actually a non UG redial. But it is a service dial?
So I like to ask questions about it.
And the second I just added to see if anything could be found wrong with it.

So I like to ask questions if I'm not so sure.
For example I was looking at this watch, I felt it was real until I noticed the 'tri' part of tri compax is a bit raised compared to the compax. Also the 31 is black and not red.
Was this just like a error at the factory or is it a redial?

Like 1
As discussed, the dial without a hyphen is a service dial issued by UG. The dial you just showed is a dial from the 40s. Fonts are all correct. Not all had a red 31. It’s good that you are exploring and training your eye. Lots to read here on OF.

Like 3
Hello everyone,

Excited to be making my first post here! I've been a fan of UGs for a while now and finally decided to join this awesome community. Reading through this entire thread was incredibly informative, and I want to express my gratitude to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experiences.

I've got a small collection of UGs that I adore, and being part of this forum feels like a natural next step to connect with fellow enthusiasts. Looking forward to learning even more and sharing my own experiences.

Regards

Like 4
Hello everyone,

Excited to be making my first post here! I've been a fan of UGs for a while now and finally decided to join this awesome community. Reading through this entire thread was incredibly informative, and I want to express my gratitude to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experiences.

I've got a small collection of UGs that I adore, and being part of this forum feels like a natural next step to connect with fellow enthusiasts. Looking forward to learning even more and sharing my own experiences.

Regards

Welcome !
please share your UG in some of the other threads, look forward to seeing :)

Like 2
Hello everyone,

Regards
Well you picked one of the best threads to get started with. Welcome and let’s see those watches on the other threads. This thread hopefully stays pointed at dials.

Like 1
I agree they are most likely all from the 40's.
I wont be able to give you Reference and Serial numbers for all of them, as I took them form the internet. Some I know though, in no particular order:

Ref. 12266 --> Serial 1244XXX
Ref. 22536 --> Serial 959XXX
Ref. 22242 --> Serial 11XXXXX
Ref. 12254 --> Serial 947XXX
Ref. 22250 --> Serial 1154XXX
Ref. 22541 --> Serial 1181XXX
Ref. 12552 --> Serial 1244XXX

Serial numbers might be useful to determine perhaps (and I stress perhaps) a period when this font was more used, but reference numbers are less useful as they only indicate case shape, material and type of caliber inside, they do not (and I stress do not) refer to dials in any way, shape or form. As a matter of fact UG's clients could choose and request the dial of their liking on any given reference, which makes it a nightmare now for us all collector to study them!
Old post but I need to add I have a 22541 with serial 1036xxx and saw others in that range
Edited:

Like 1
Hello,
I’ve read this thread twice! A mine of information and a lesson about knowledge construction.
This 12552 1129497 247326 is for sale on chrono24 (seller in Belgium).
Athough original, the dial seams older than the watch. Am I right on this one? Tks for your help.

Hello,
I’ve read this thread twice! A mine of information and a lesson about knowledge construction.
This 12552 1129497 247326 is for sale on chrono24 (seller in Belgium).
Athough original, the dial seams older than the watch. Am I right on this one? Tks for your help.
Dial is right where it should be. Mid 40s. Nice patina and nice watch. I’d be interested to know why you think it older?

Like 1
Dial is right where it should be. Mid 40s. Nice patina and nice watch. I’d be interested to know why you think it older?
Larry, tks for answering.
I was thinking that a mid ‘40 dial should have a red 31 and some blue tachymètre even straight 6 and 9 in subdials. But I was wrong obviously!

Larry, tks for answering.
I was thinking that a mid ‘40 dial should have a red 31 and some blue tachymètre even straight 6 and 9 in subdials. But I was wrong obviously!
And what about the marked crown?

And what about the marked crown?
Yes … Crowns are a wear part so it was changed at service. I personally don’t view crowns as a deal breaker. Logo crowns appeared in the 50s. Dial has the right Telephony lines and open 6. Good enough for me.
Edited:

Like 2