Forums Latest Members
  1. papaebetu Mar 10, 2020

Yes Clapton and the reverso face need 19mm lugs

GIGI

2. rolokr Mar 10, 2020

So endlink is 19 mm ? UT endlink is too small at 18mm ? I cancelled my bid, 18mm Polrouter band and ut endlinks from
    1968 went for $600 usd on the Bay !

Edited Mar 11, 2020
  3. CafeRacer Mar 11, 2020

UW is for 19 mm lugs.
    UP is for 20mm lugs, but can be "shaved down" to 19mm to fit.
    That bracelet was in pretty average condition, and one of the endlinks was aftermarket (only one was stamped UT).
    I assume thats why the price was low - it seems to be very hard to find UG endlinks for sale by themselves.

4. rolokr Mar 11, 2020

Thanks for the information I might never find a band it sounds like. I’ll just wear it on a strap as Clapton did !

5. CafeRacer Mar 12, 2020

One like this might suit well ;)

19mmStrap.jpeg

filmir likes this.
  6. Diabolik May 21, 2020

There are UL and UC which are 18mm

DSCN1693.JPG

The red ringed are for a Champion bracelet (USA) end links marked 76. the yellow ringed ones are generic and fit the GF bracelet perfectly. Both are 20mm.

upload_2020-5-21_17-7-46.png

Edited May 21, 2020
  7. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Sep 29, 2020

I can confirm that my very early sn Nina will not fit my UW end links which are 18.8mm wide. 18.65mm sounds about right

8. marrakesh Mar 7, 2021

Hi there, I know it's an older thread but I may contribute something.
    Found an Universal bracelet in my "bracelet box" and couldn't find out anything about the 19mm endlinks. They are marked UO (or maybe UD), never seen this before. Does anyone of you know something about these endpieces?

IMG_20210307_124410.jpg
  9. Silversix Mar 9, 2021

What about UFM written on the end links? I've seen them a few times, but not too sure if genuine or aftermarket
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. DRTINS Oct 7, 2023

11. DRTINS Oct 7, 2023

OK,
    Sorry, a little confusing on how to reply. On a lark, I bought a Polerouter, crown and stem, and 19mm Gay Freres bracelet all in about an hour on Eba
    y. I think I paid around fair price for the watch head and crown, but may have got a real bargain on the bracelet. I looked around the internet for about an hour, but could not find another GF bracelet like mine. I know it is not original to the watch, but it is thin, the color matches and I think is a good match.
    My questions are;
    Has anyone seen this bracelet before in gold or with straight end links?
    Has anyone seen a UG bracelet with the old-school UG logo on it?
    It's dated 3/70, which watch was it on originally?
    I really don't think it's fake, the stamping looks very good, and why would anyone fake an obscure, low production bracelet with a very limited appeal.
    Appreciate all non snarky replies. IMG_0394.JPG IMG_0395.JPG IMG_0397.JPG
    My qest

12. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 7, 2023

Very interesting. Seems legit to me btw

13. DRTINS Oct 7, 2023

BTW, There are no markings on the end links, the end links and top clasp is definately plated, I assume the links are plated also.

14. Mazoue Oct 7, 2023

In my opinion, the clasp is not correct. It does not look like a GF clasp and I think the engravings are very recent.

I’ve never seen a clasp with that logo and it seems incredibly unlikely that UG would return to it in 1970.

Woops, Tohz and MarktheTime like this.
  15. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Oct 8, 2023

But why bother faking such a low value piece?

16. Mazoue Oct 8, 2023

No idea but fairly certain it’s wrong though.

The markings on the inside of the clasp look to have been engraved whereas they are normally stamped.

Then you’ve got the wrong logo, non-GF clasp (inside and outside look odd), straight end links and the fact we’ve not seen another (including in all of the bracelet catalogues I’ve seen) . It doesn’t have much going for it in my opinion.

Mark020 and MarktheTime like this.
  17. bgrisso Oct 8, 2023

Wasn’t that listed from Turkey ? I think I remember seeing it on eBay, thought it looked very weird. I’m not an expert on bracelets but it just looks very modern to my eye.

18. Carlton-Browne Oct 8, 2023

I'm with Andrew on this - the marks look engraved and I would normally expect them to be stamped, often unevenly. I believe this was a/the auction from the Turkish seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235219060507Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

In answer to Mark's question, a generic bracelet would be lucky to sell for $10 and now it can go for 15 times that. I have a recollection of seeing a number of these bracelets from other brands (Zenith??) a few months back and I can't see any of these on the Turkish seller's list so maybe they weren't the original fabricators.

Tohz, Woops and Mark020 like this.
  19. Silversix Dec 15, 2023

My best guess on the bracelet above is that its fake. Have seen and have had a lot of stainless steel GF bracelets, and there are differences that i am instantly noticing. Firstly, the stamping on the folding clasp is deeper on the reel bracelets. Secondly, the folding clasp itself is always made out of polished stainless steel, while this one looks matte, and possible not even stainless. Third, the writing on the clasp looks too sharp for something that was stamped in the 70's. The top part of the clasp where the UG shield is on, is also of a design that you can find on Aliexpress for $10 per bracelet. The 3-70 that's on the clasp isn't even stamped, and as far as i am aware, they were all stamped back then.

20. Diabolik Dec 16, 2023

Never seen anything remotely like it. Bracelet looks and clasp look cheap. There is nothing original about it. Probably laser or cnc inscribed. The logo is from a completely different era …

upload_2023-12-16_8-47-44.png