Forums Latest Members
  1. Walrus Jan 18, 2020

so for Christmas I gave out several watches as gifts. After the holiday I ended up with one omega. It was a basic Geneve nothing special. I’ve been sitting on it as I wanted to hold off on getting it serviced. I decided I’d put it on a couple places see if anyone wanted to buy it. I think I put it in for 100 or so more than I payed only because I knew I’d get some lowball offers. Anyway a cool dude who lives about 10 minutes from me expressed some interest. We met up and I could tell he was rather enthralled with the watch. He knew nothing about watches but said he always wanted a Rolex but wants to start out with something smaller. So first meeting he expressed interest but wanted to learn more about the watch. I wrote down the watches info told him to google and check a few sites.

A few days later he told me he really wanted it but gave me a bit of an insulting lowball offer but by this time I liked the guy and wanted to play a part in his first decent vintage watch. I shot back a price ten bucks more than what I paid. He was cool with that and wanted to meet right away. So with this long babble I’m just trying to relate I hooked up another person to the world of watches. This is #2 for me, I warned them both about the addiction issue and told them to study up before buying other things. He asked me for help with other purchases I told him feel free to contact me but I warned him I’m not the guy to get good answers from he goes the Rolex route. He just wants me to help him look up info and resources I’m fine with that.

So sorry, rather long schpiel to get this out but it’s cool to bring someone into the fold especially if it turns into a “friend ship” and you have someone new to talk watches with.

watchos, OMEGuy and Shabbaz like this.
  2. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Jan 18, 2020

Doing your part to help stimulate the economy and adding another watch nut to the fold. :thumbsup:

Walrus likes this.
  3. Walrus Jan 18, 2020

Hell yeah. And think of that ten bucks in pure profit I put in my pocket. You know that’s going towards a new watch. I’m boosting consumer confidence

tpatta likes this.
  4. Dan S Jan 18, 2020

You need to document these events. Did you get a photo of him wearing it?

5. Walrus Jan 18, 2020

Funny you say that Dan I was going to snap a pic but I don’t like when people do that to me and I didn’t feel like explaining to him the picture thing. When He asked me good places to learn more about watch’s I did suggest this place so maybe it’ll happen. I do have one concern, I hope when he brings it to service nothing big pops up. I sold it with service in mind so He will be ok but I’m sure if there is a hundred dollar issue he will think I ripped him off. I didn’t, it’s just a welcome to the world of vintage watches