Forums Latest Members
  1. SouthernScot Jun 24, 2020

Just noticed the date wheel on my Tudor GMT has skipped a couple of days and is now stuck between two dates. I think I remember reading on the forum previously that this is not an uncommon problem.
    Only enquiring before taking it to the dealer, it’s under warranty and I love the watch, just a bit annoying.

2. stevec14 Jun 24, 2020

Yep, quite a number of them - it happened to mine when I had it too. I was one of the first to get the fix at London RSC and it took all of 10 day’s. It’s a bit longer now.

there are threads on this both on here and a much longer one on TRF.

I believe the fix now is generally a movement swap rather than a re lubrication. Interestingly some have had the issue on a new movement also!

it’s no hassle though (aside from being without the watch). They can’t say they don’t know about it at least!

SouthernScot likes this.
  3. stevec14 Jun 24, 2020

I should add that many owners have never had the issue. Some have their watch for a year or two before it manifests itself and some for a few days. There’s no rhyme or reason about it....

SouthernScot likes this.
  4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 24, 2020

Haven't had that issue with mine...yet. Fingers crossed.

SouthernScot likes this.
  5. SouthernScot Jun 24, 2020

Thanks for this it’s confirmed what I thought. At least it’s happened during the warranty period so fingers crossed it will be sorted out without a problem.

blufinz52 likes this.
  6. stevec14 Jun 24, 2020

Yes good news although I suspect they’d be hard pushed to deny a warranty fix even if over 2 years old given the publicity on the internet. Hope it doesn’t take too long to come back.

SouthernScot likes this.
  7. vbrad26 Aug 5, 2021

So how is everyone's GMT doing these days?

8. SouthernScot Aug 5, 2021

Since the fix mine has been fine. Let’s hope it continues, overall still love the watch, it’s my most worn.

vbrad26 likes this.
  9. vbrad26 Aug 5, 2021

How long was yours out for? I see it said in this thread less than 2 weeks, but elsewhere I have seen a month.
    This one has been on my radar since release and I'd really like to pick one up at the end of the year...
    So starting to do a little bit of research on them.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 5, 2021

There are many reports that the issue has come back, with some sending the watches back multiple times - it's unclear if Rolex has a real fix for this or not.

vbrad26 likes this.
  11. vbrad26 Aug 5, 2021

Hmmm. That's a little disheartening...
    Guess I should just pony up for the GMTM2 lol.
    :rolleyes:
    I reached out to the only "local" Tudor dealer by me with an availability question...looking forward to their response lol.

12. Snooz Aug 5, 2021

Had mine for over a year with no problems so far....(touch wood)....trouble is everytime you stare at the watch first thing you're instantly checking the date with your heart in your mouth(!) ;)

13. vbrad26 Aug 5, 2021

Was this an issue with the GMT movement specifically?
    I was originally going to go with a regular BB with the blue bezel. And I was super excited for the all blue BB 58.
    But I think the best of both worlds for me is the GMT. But now I'm not so sure...

14. Snooz Aug 5, 2021

It's a great looking watch, and you could argue it does everything a Rolex GMT Master does with an added 100m of water resist - mines got a lot of wrist time and I find it a great all-rounder....but the date issue will make you worry once you know about it.....:eek:

I also have the BB58 Blue and prefer the GMT...

vbrad26 likes this.
  15. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Aug 5, 2021

I currently have the issue with mine but it doesn't bother me too much as its so easy and quick to change date back when it happens and I rarely wear a particular watch for much more than a day anyway.
    I will get it fixed but have decided to wait until near the end of the warranty period which was extended by 18months for all tudors bought after 1st July 2018 and before end of 2019 (5yr warranty thereafter).

Doing it this way means I effectively have had 3.5 years wear and will then get a free movement service/replacement.

nzshadow, FREDMAYCOIN and vbrad26 like this.
  16. Snooz Aug 5, 2021

The worry is what happens when the warranty expires....what are these watches going to be worth in 20 years? You have to really love the watch to buy it in my book!:eek:

madjestikmoose likes this.
  17. Gav1967 Tend not to fret too much Aug 5, 2021

I love the watch and not greatly worried about its worth in 20 years. I rarely buy watches as investments.

nzshadow and FREDMAYCOIN like this.
  18. Snooz Aug 5, 2021

I'm the same - I love the watch, but wish I could be in a position to not worry about the value! :(

19. madjestikmoose Can’t bat, can’t bowl Aug 5, 2021

This. I’ve got my eye on the Tudor GMT and have been tracking auctions of them on the ‘bay for a while; they’re going for less and less, eg. £2,100-2,300 for a bracelet version in excellent condition.

20. Snooz Aug 5, 2021

Now could be a good time to buy - I bought second hand, 3 months old, and paid around £2700...this was last year when prices were higher...I can't see the watch falling below 2k - it has too much quality - we'll see I guess...