Forums Latest Members
  1. Wolfie79 May 30, 2020

Im trying to decide between the new Seamaster blue dial (new horizontal which i love) and the speedmaster FOIS. Theyre basically the same price point with the offers i have. For me the musts is that the watch need to work on a nato strap visually. And it will be my one goto watch. But i feel the aqua terra is just ahir borderline to dressy. So if anyone got pics of your aqua terra blue on nato, id love for you to showcase it. :)

Any opinions, whats your favorite and why etc?

2. kakscy Jun 1, 2020

i would go with the fois in that situation because i believe its more versatile than the other 2

3. amcclell Jun 1, 2020

FOIS dresses up or down better than the other two.

4. Badwolf Jun 1, 2020

I’d also say FOIS, especially if you want it on a nato

5. Skipper_S Jun 1, 2020

+1 for FOIS.... BUT you are going to wear it not me ;)

6. amfalconer Jun 1, 2020

To echo the others, the FOIS, as with the Pro are real strap monsters, there is nothing I can find which doesn't suit - but you are limited in straps with the 19mm lug width of the FOIS, unless you can cram a 20mm on.

The Seamaster is a great everyday watch, and does look good on a NATO, and you'd be getting more watch for the money in my opinion, automatic movement, METAS certification etc.

7. w@tcher Jun 2, 2020

FOIS all the way!

8. SurvivingJoe Jun 2, 2020

Depends on what enviroment you regularly deal w/ since they are very different watch.
    SM obviosly fits better for rough enviroment like moisture, meganetic field, etc.
    FOIS is great as well, more suitable for dress w/ leather strap. But keep in mind the water resistance is not good enough.

9. eduk Jun 2, 2020

I'd go FOIS, but it's your choice ultimately

10. vintage hab Jun 2, 2020

I went through the same struggle two months ago. Both watches are great. In the end I chose the FOIS because I was concerned it may be discontinued (it’s a numbered edition, now up to 14K watches).

5C4F6779-9E21-4E9C-8338-782D91CCA760.jpeg
  11. stevec14 Jun 2, 2020

I’d go with the Seamaster (aqua terra). Can be dressed up on bracelet, down on rubber and looks good on NATO’s and leather straps. Add to the water resistance and you have a piece that can just about do it all.

I really like the FOIS and have had 2 in the past but as a one watch collection the WR (or lack of) let’s it down for me.