Forums Latest Members

Trying to buy a late 70s longines

1. eternalover Mar 25, 2021

Have looked at loads and decided I like the 1500 series and want a cool movement.

Recently my hair has got long and thick and I think it is a 70s thing.

Gone mad for a cal 890 like this pic is a Japanese seller and quite nice but beyond price with20% etc
    upload_2021-3-25_17-15-31.jpeg
    thought I had snagged one at a fair price but the movement picture was blurry. Was pushing to get a prettier picture but surprisingly it just sold to someone local.

I think these have a real cool vibe.

am still trying let me know anyone who sees a good one or wants to sell.

JwRosenthal and Spruce like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Mar 25, 2021

These, like the C-cases Connie’s, are great watches with a 70’ flair. Watches of this period have started to gain steam over the last couple years but are still reasonable enough that you can be really choosy. I don’t get hung up on movement pics. I think most collectors know that they will need a service regardless, and some of the best condition values come from pickers who got them at flea markets or yard sales and don’t usually have the expertise to take the backs off without damaging them.
    As with anything, it’s all about condition. Brushed finishes were hot during this period and most have been polished to a nub- so look for those crisp edges and correct brushing (some Omegas like the Connies’s had 3 bush patterns and some a polished edge along the length- stunning play of light).

3. eternalover Mar 25, 2021

Noticed a few very shiny....

4. eternalover Mar 25, 2021

Thanks for the advice