Forums Latest Members

Trilogy collection - how many are left?

1. bruin20 Jul 4, 2020

Recently became interested in purchasing a model from the 2017 trilogy collection and would like to do so from an AD or boutique. I've seen the railmaster trilogy in pretty much every sales case I've come across in the last few years. I've seen the seamaster trilogy in 3 cases including 1 just recently. I've never come across the speedmaster which is the trilogy model I want the most.

I've only had the chance to try the seamaster trilogy on but really want the speedmaster trilogy and would have to order and ship to me without being able to try it on first. How does the speedmaster wear compared to the seamaster? Looks like it is the same case with a different bezel and slightly larger dial area.

Also anyone with any trilogy model please chime in with your experience if you'd like!

Omegafanman, rominvicta and rohnin like this.
  2. Alfista88 Jul 4, 2020

Bracelet aside, the trilogy Seamaster is heavier than the Speedmaster.

The clasp on the 60th anniversary models is quite hefty, and I think the out of the 3, the thickness of the Seamaster sits most in harmony with the heavy bulk of the bracelet clasp.

You could try on a FOIS, and see how you might like that case size for a Speedy? I think the 60th anniversary Speedmaster is very close in dimensions compared to the FOIS and ck2998 heritage range.

By your user name, I'll risk a 50/50 stab that you either have connections to the LA area (UCLA) or Boston (hockey) ;). If you're in California, there's actually a couple Omega / Tourbillon boutique employees who own the trilogy Speedmaster, and frequently wear it while they're in store. In both the San Diego OB, and the San Francisco Tourbillon. You might be able to chat those fellas up and see if you can try on their watches? They can also keep an eye out for inventory across the Swatch retail network if one pops up for ya.

If I could go back in time, I wish I'd chosen the Speedy over the Seamaster. I sold the Seamaster after a year or so, because I strongly despised the loud rotor sound & vibration of the caliber 8806 movement. You won't have any issues with that on the Speedy... plus you'll have one of the best manual winding experiences, due to the 60th anniversary not having crown guards!

3. WatchTimes Jul 4, 2020

Of the three I like the Speedmaster trilogy much more.

4. Evitzee Jul 4, 2020

The Trilogy Speedmaster is an easy watch to wear, just about the right size for everyone. My biggest gripe is the clasp on the bracelet, too big visually, but not a deal breaker.. I doubt you will have much luck buying a new one from an AD or boutique, I think they were sold out long ago from the dealer network although they are readily available in BNIB or like new condition on the secondary market, usually in the $6,700 range. If you go that way just make sure there is a return privilege in the unlikely event you don't like it or the way it looks/fits on your wrist..

Flatfoot likes this.
  5. scapa Jul 4, 2020

I owned the Trilogy Seamaster and spent over a year trying to find a NOS/mint matching Speedy at a reasonable price. No luck finding the latter and eventually swapped out the Trilogy SM300. Loved lots about that watch but found myself wearing it sparingly and finally not at all.

If I had a do-over I'd have gone for the Trilogy Railmaster, which IMO has the most classically beautiful lines and crystal of the three and is a bit easier to find, even NOS. I think the FOIS is a reasonable available alternative to the Trilogy Speedy, and there are a few examples of owners who have modded them to resemble that watch even more closely.

In reply to the OP's question and thread title, I still see the RMLE and SM300 for sale occasionally, sometimes at a slight or decent discount from the original asking price. No Speedies though. Ever.

Edited Jul 5, 2020
    Foo2rama and Pun like this.
  6. Boony Jul 4, 2020

I have the speedy and the day i bought it I took it off the bracelet. Far too chunky. But the leather strap that comes with it is epic. Its cool as hell on that bad boy. get one and rock the leather for sure.

7. NGO1 Jul 4, 2020

My fav watch ever! (This says a lot)

4CBEC1B7-F185-4C17-B2B4-CD33CD990F54.jpeg
    LeonDeBayonne and Dsloan like this.
  8. TexOmega Jul 4, 2020

BDD845BF-D754-4306-922F-D41B55E15C18.jpeg Seamaster first and then Speedmaster because I will never afford the watches with which they pay homage.

Both beautiful executions and both wear on my wrist with ease and comfort. Classic.

I wear the 300 on Horween Shell cordovan leather, and Speedmaster with its' bracelet.

Love this combo.

Edited Jul 4, 2020
    LeonDeBayonne and Dsloan like this.
  9. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 5, 2020

C45965F5-5900-4FEF-82FB-E39A8CCC917B.jpeg

Thankfully for the bracelet haters uncle seiko and forstner now offer a nice solution.

10. bruin20 Jul 5, 2020

How does it wear compared to a standard moon watch if you know.

11. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Jul 5, 2020

Well, to me 39mm is a sweet spot in watch sizing (I have large wrists and can rock a Panerai just as easily). That said, it doesn’t feel ‘smaller’ than a regular moonwatch ... just more elegant. I would say perfect :thumbsup:

TexOmega likes this.
  12. munichblue Jul 5, 2020

If you can get your hands on a Railmaster LE, just do it!

521B0A3B-4576-4CC1-8117-685C43DB0000.jpeg

Khamenman, Pun and Omegafanman like this.
  13. Omegafanman Jul 6, 2020

I got my 57 Seamaster last year - could not be more pleased with it / lovely watch and perfect aesthetics. I don't know if any of you have seen the ID guy channel (some great from the heart watch design reviews) - but no surprise he picked the Seamaster 57 for his first quality timepiece:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=059SuvOPueg

Having said all this I am increasingly very taken with the Railmaster - a very pure watch.

01 - Copy.jpg 02 - Copy.jpg
    Pun likes this.
  14. pongster Jul 7, 2020

I have all three -

3C17FD47-5A9D-421D-B633-F39BD4E8C9ED.jpeg

My favorite of the three is the RM. Based on looks and wear on the wrist.

15. VjaceCZ Jul 7, 2020

I already talked about it in different thread but don’t judge SM and RM from the pictures. Trilogy Speedmaster was MUST HAVE for me from the very beginning and acquiring SM and RM was “just” making the collection complete. BUT. While I managed to get the other two into my possession, I can honestly tell you the Speedmaster is not the prettiest one from these three beauties. I was blown away from RM and SM. Amazing watches.

Omegafanman likes this.