Forums Latest Members
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

OK Norm, That invite was not for people who know answers, it was for folks who had not a clue but wanted to try to figure it :p

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

IMO they could have squeezed the star in at the 9:00 position, balance out the date window ;)

MKelley likes this.
  3. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Really:unsure:

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

About the star, I was not implying "clueless folks" . I was hoping to encourage investigation as all the clues are there

5. spring-detent Sep 19, 2012

There is no need to stop posting loads of watches! We all want to see them! And now the pictures are uploaded this becomes useful archive information, I dont doubt that (without the pictures I think the listing expires after 90 days?)

I suppose even a worn out example fuels discussion about what to avoid, cases with backs/lugs polished like this give me nightmares (does this happen to everyone? :unsure:) So I would have just skipped over it in a flash and not looked back

Thats why I wasnt in love with this thread - dont take it as a personal attack! You contribute plenty of other interesting ones, I read them here regularly

I do like this style of watch (has to be no date for me personally), and am interested in your hunt for a great example

As someone suggested already maybe a MKelley C Case Constellation Hunting thread which would serve as a hub to list ones that have been rejected/accepted (maybe atleast just a link to the listing, a uploaded front shot of each taken off the bay listing and a YAY or NAY with reasons collected from everyone!) and just generally amass information on these models in one place would be a cool idea to implement :)

6. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Ashley / dsio did it - see his post above yours.

You are building a pretty nice collection. A tip from experience: slow down and enjoy a few of them for a couple months, then assess which you like and which didn't tickle your fancy the way you had hoped. You'll tailor your buying this way. Flip out the ones that didn't please you as much as you thought after your honeymoon period, and start a plan on your next Most Wanted list.

7. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

See, you're too polite. I would have blatantly called some people clueless.... or worse. :D Guess that's the difference between Joizey and the midwest.

8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 19, 2012

Sorry, now I'm being too helpful. LOL!

9. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Don't worry Norm. Steve has to remember to add a disclaimer so certain members can't play.

10. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Actually & seriously, no offense taken or even considered:thumbsup:

11. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Then credit where credit is due...Thanks to Ashley for the photos posted. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope to have enough restraint to do exactly that. Sometimes my enthusiasm pushes the limits of my resources, if ya get my drift.:D

12. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

Been there. ;) Still visit occasionally. :p

13. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

Yes, here's Dennis at his place on the Maryland shore. You can see he's used to living on the edge;)
    erosionhouse.jpg

14. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Well, unless something fantastic comes my way, I intend to just enjoy my current inventory...for awhile. :D

15. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Hey, how'd ya find my neighborhood. Darn that Google Maps::bleh::

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

The other cool thing is if you start consolidating and saving longer you can start hitting 18K models ;)

17. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Dare to dream Ash:thumbsup: I'll give it a go, see what happens. Thanks for the wisdom...experience is knowledge gained by trial & error. :D

18. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

Pink gold...::jumpy::

19. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Pink gold?::screwloose:: No offense, but if I could locate one in the elusive Black Hills gold, that would be a find...wouldn't you agree?:D Just kidding:oops:

20. mondodec Editor Constellation Collectors Blog Sep 20, 2012

I agree, it's fine to post on watches you're interested in. Here's a piece on C-Shapes. Feel free to scan it and perhaps take up MIke's suggestion of posting your critique of a piece and inviting further observations etc. You know, "teach a man to fish...etc" :)

I receive a mountain of emails from people wanting me to act as their unofficial 'technical advisor' on Constellations, but I get very few return emails thanking me for my time, and so I now email back asking for their detailed appraisal which I'll comment on. Sorts the fisherman out from those who just want a free meal :)

Cheers

Desmond

alam and dsio like this.