Forums Latest Members
  1. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

:thumbsdown:
    Look it over

3. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Yes, I know, medallion & other issues. I've seen a few with the same configuration of fonts on the dial. Is that re-dial or original?

Thanks for reeling me in. I will pass on this one.

4. spring-detent Sep 19, 2012

I'm only a lurker usually, but I have to agree with cincindela that you should atleast look at the listings pictures before posting a new thread about a piece of complete trash - it just wastes space and everyones time :eek: :eek::eek:

5. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

The dial looks to be original, or at least a correct Omega dial for a C-case, but I don't like the rest of that watch. Pass.

6. alam Sep 19, 2012

I never seen one like this - is the Omega logo and the "Constellation" script on the wrong sides of the dial? :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

7. ulackfocus Sep 19, 2012

It's what we call a transition piece. At the end of the 751's reign they started doing the dials like this. In a year or so Omega would begin using the 1021 instead and that would be the normal position for the script, but the day & date would have a divider between them instead of being in one window.

8. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

My humble apology to you and the rest of the forum, for a perception of wasted time and space . I will put the brakes on posting threads only after a more thorough look at the listing. Learning is a difficult lesson sometimes.:whistling:

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

I wouldn't worry too much, if its a piece you're seriously considering buying there's nothing wrong with checking in. What might be easier though is if you're looking for a C-Case, make one thread outlining what you're looking for and then as you find items you want looked at, post the link to the ebay listing as a reply in that thread, and keep using that thread until you make your purchase :)

10. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 19, 2012

Go back to lurking and give M a break, we ALL learn by looking and discussing.

This one brought up an interesting and useful discussion about the dial, regardless of the condition of the watch.

dsio likes this.
  11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

It's not really time wasting because any member/moderator can put in as much or as little time as they want with any thread. That being said there are no short cuts trying to understand vintage omegas better - it really starts in the case of vintage constellations by reading desmond's blog and the articles there. Sometimes it takes repeat readings - to this day I still consult some of those files for pictures of watches and a few clarifications here and there. I think it is also helpful to tell us what you think of the piece and give us your analysis rather than just a quick here's a link what do you think about this because in that case the replies could be equally brief ("that's junk - ignore") and not be of much use to all concerned.

dsio likes this.
  12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

The other thing is every one of these threads ends up here forever and searchable from google, so future people looking for C-Case connies, lets say someone wants a Ref 168.029 Constellation Cal 751 in the future, they're going to find this thread along the way. Thats why what Mike's talking about, asking about specific issues and giving your own take on the watch when you post it helps. Taking guesses and asking if your assumptions are right is fine, any bits that you're wrong on someone will correct, and if you're right they'll tell you that too.

MKelley likes this.
  13. alam Sep 19, 2012

good info - in this case, I just became biased on favor of pre-transitional models!!

MKelley likes this.
  14. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

Mike's comments are right on. There is nothing wrong with posting as many watches as you want, but I also wanted the OP to look over the watch and come to his own analysis for critic . Mistakes will be made (goodness knows I make plenty) but it is a great way to learn.
    With that said, who wants to offer explanations why there is no star on the dial of this watch? :D

15. alam Sep 19, 2012

a cloudy night on manufacturing day? :D

MKelley likes this.
  16. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

All points are well taken. Limiting threads will save reader time & forum space. Special thanks to all for defending my honor as a newbie to Vintage Omega & this forum:thumbsup:.

17. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

You own more of them than some of the more experienced guys at this point lol

BTW if you get a chance might be worth uploading the pics from the eBay ad to the site so that its still there after the listing is long gone ;)

18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 19, 2012

I've uploaded the photos to the original post

19. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 19, 2012

No need, just keep right on posting.

Just part of the transitional dial makeup, with the dial reconfiguration really no place to put it.

20. MKelley Sep 19, 2012

Enthusiasm made me do it:D Looks like someone already uploaded the listing photos for me. Thanks to the phantom uploader:thumbsup: