Forums Latest Members
  1. oinkitt Jan 2, 2020

Does anyone know if extracts are available for vintage Tissot watches??

2. oinkitt Jan 2, 2020

I have found Tissots contact details

3. Radiumpassion Jan 3, 2020

I know @Vitezi (?) has some original scans from their written archive. But I dont
    know if that service is available anymore.

4. Xtof Jan 3, 2020

I am currently waiting for an extract.

I can confirm that the service is officially available, but Tissot staff, at least here in Paris, did not seem to be well aware of it. Although they were very nice, it has not been smooth to initiate the process.

It has been on-going since mid September. And I was told this extract should be sent by the end of January at the latest.

I can keep you posted as soon as I receive it.

By the way, my request concerns a simple Seastar PR 516 for which I would like to get more information as it was issued for the Pakistan Air Force. P.A.F. is engraved on the case back.

AF6C576F-42D4-49DF-9032-E979961F3209.jpeg

Syrte, Rochete and janice&fred like this.
  5. oinkitt Jan 3, 2020

I found the Tissot website and filled in the extract form.

6. Vitezi Jan 3, 2020

DaveK likes this.
  7. Vitezi Jan 3, 2020

Previously @bubba48 has received some scans from their archives curator, but I am unsure if Tissot would still provide this type of information now that they have formalized their extract service.

Radiumpassion likes this.
  8. bubba48 Jan 3, 2020

Correct; since the service started they haven't sent me free scans anymore :(

tissot 1937 (23).jpg

JimJupiter and Vitezi like this.
  9. oinkitt Jan 3, 2020

I got an answer back this morning stating it costs 100 swiss francs and it takes 2 months.

10. Xtof Jan 13, 2020

After 4 months, I have finally received the extract of the archives for my Military Tissot...

And I am clearly disappointed. Just the confirmation of the date (1967). Not any additional remarks on the destination or the military issue, except a mention that the Seastar version of the PR516 was a waterproof model for sports... No kidding.

70B4C889-BF5F-4CF4-AC76-BE1020EA2584.jpeg

11. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 13, 2020

It could be that Tissot did not sell these directly to the Pakistani government. That would explain the lack of documentation on the above extract.

However, a more likely explanation is that because Tissot is lower on the Swatch totem pole (below Longines, but above Swatch), and charges less than Omega, they provide a lesser service.

I think Longines is an anomaly in the Swatch world of extracts. I think they made the investment to computerize their records years ago, while Tissot, Omega and the rest did not. That is a logical explanation of how Longines can respond to an information request within 24 hours, while the others take months.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

PS - Here is a French watch forum link to an identical watch:

http://forumamontres.forumactif.com/t236510-tissot-pr516-paf?highlight=tissot

KingCrouchy likes this.
  12. bubba48 Jan 13, 2020

Could you post a pic of the engraving? Thanks

13. Willbur Jan 13, 2020

It's a little bit frustrating that they don't mentioned where it was delivered.
    Without such information, extract are not so interesting...

If I'm not wrong the second watch in FAM is the same as the one presented here.

KingCrouchy likes this.
  14. Xtof Jan 13, 2020

Indeed, that is the same watch as the second one presented on FaM. (I bought it this summer, few days after the post)

There has been few others similar Tissot posted on the web with similar engravings and close serial numbers. That’s why I guessed that it was a special order and I hoped there could be records at Tissot. Too bad.

15. Willbur Jan 14, 2020

16. Xtof Jan 14, 2020

I agree with you and I was also surprised.

But after thought, in the case of this Navigator chronograph, I have strong doubt that there were any record of the sale to the final client in the books at Tissot HQ.

I guess that the photo of papers was also sent to Tissot as part of the request form. The extract of the archives would have been “completed” with the information supplied by the requester, as in the old days with Omega when Omega was not as strict as they are today.