Forums Latest Members

Tissot extract from the archives service - my experience

1. Omegafanman May 4, 2019

I have used the Omega archives extract service a number of times but noted on a Fretello blog that Tissot also offer an archive search service so I decided to try it...….

The first link recommends you try via a service centre.

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-en/pages/c/n/archives

I had no luck with finding a service centre to support the request so I sent a direct customer service request via the Tissot website.

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-en/shop/contacts/

The response and customer service has been excellent with a personal touch throughout. It has taken around 5 months but I was slow to supply some information and I was not in a hurry. It arrived this week. I am pleased with the information which checks out against the original warranty card (for once I have some paperwork with an old watch) pictured at the end. A seven year delay before a sale... Quartz crisis in full swing mid seventies maybe? They included a picture from an old catalogue which was nice. Plenty of backing card as well to prevent transit damage. Below are the photos, prices / preliminary enquiry response etc. I added a copyright logo on the Tissot documents for this post.

Tissot initial response:
    We thank you for your email and are happy to count you among our loyal customers.
    Further to your question, we kindly inform you that our historical heritage department invites you to find out more about your watch's history through the brand's archives.This historical research service, which is available for watches that are no longer part of the current collection, incurs a charge of 100.- CHF. but you will not be charged if the search proves unsuccessful. Please note that the document provided after the search, available in French or in English, guarantees neither the authenticity of your watch nor of its components. Should you like obtaining information on the commercial value of your watch, we would recommend that you consult an auction house.
    Should our suggestion meets your approval, please confirm it to us and we will send you :
    - One form called "extract of archives" which will have to be filled in with photos of your Tissot watch, and picture of the movement. (You may ask a watch maker to open it, and communicate it to you).
    - An estimate of CHF. 100.- you will have to sign as an approval. The research about the watch will start and can take up to two months before it is released. Once all the information have been collected and upon the establishment of the official Extract of archives, we will kindly ask you for settling down the payment.
    This document will be shipped to United Kingdom by DHL envelope. However as you mentioned your watch is from the 80's, please send us a picture from the front and from the outside of the case back. We will first check whether we can find the information without applying for an extract of archives. We will contact you back accordingly.
    Thank you for your understanding. Best regards,

01.JPG 02.JPG 03.JPG 04.JPG 05.JPG 06.JPG 07copy.jpg 08copy.jpg 09.JPG
    YYTIN, Revo, 0uss and 11 others like this.
  2. Omegafanman May 4, 2019

I suppose I should post a pic of the watch as well...….

Tissot - Copy.jpg
    YYTIN, 0uss, connieseamaster and 15 others like this.
  3. simonsays May 4, 2019

Very interesting! I never knew this service was available from Tissot.

Edit I expect Mr Probst was glad to see the back of it after 7 years gathering dust!

Benbradstock, apsm100 and Omegafanman like this.
  4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 4, 2019

Any ideas who the Swiss car driver is in that photo :thumbsdown:

CHRONOZEN and Omegafanman like this.
  5. Omegafanman May 4, 2019

That is a good one (glad you gave the nationality but the helmet helps ;0) and this is more than a bit of a guess ….. with some Google help I am going to try - Loris Kessel.... I am going more by the air intake :0)

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  6. simonsays May 4, 2019

Loris Kessel, not well known or successful in Formula 1

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  7. momosono May 4, 2019

8. asrnj77 May 4, 2019

Very cool. On some of the extract services I feel like they’re just regurgitating what you already told them. Basically the model and serial number which you gave them when you asked for the extract. It’s nice that some manufacturers go the extra mile for their customers

9. Willbur Jan 14, 2020

@Omegafanman , we are discussing in an other thread about information provided by Tissot in the extract
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/tissot-extract.107125/#post-1413286

Since in your extract you have the selling date, we would like to know if you provide to Tissot the picture of the warranty card with others information or if Tissot succed by their own to define the sold information ?

Thanks.

CHRONOZEN and KingCrouchy like this.
  10. Omegafanman Jul 4, 2020

Sorry - I only just saw this question - looking back the request form did include a section for the warranty card which I supplied. So they did have the information which listed the sales date / location …..

11. CHRONOZEN Jan 31, 2021

VERY NICE CHRONO FROM THE 80s

12. RainMAN 777 Aug 30, 2021

Wow, super helpful. Thank you for the information. Seems very expensive for price of the watch. Seems Swatch watch group charges and provide different price levels based on watch brand.

Omegafanman likes this.
  13. spe777 Aug 30, 2021

Is that BoR bracelet original to the watch or an aftermarket replacement? Condition looks amazing!

Omegafanman likes this.
  14. Omegafanman Aug 31, 2021

Hi, I am confident this was the bracelet fitted when the previous owner bought the watch 'new' in Switzerland. I dont know if this was the bracelet fitted when the shop received it from Tissot. It is a Maruman bracelet / looks like they have some good vintage reveiws. The clasp is not signed. The watch crown (which I know is original) was also not signed so Tissot did not have a strong branding policy back then I guess.

01 - Copy.jpg 02 - Copy.jpg
    YYTIN likes this.