Thoughts on this Green dial c-shape constellation

Hi and good summer!
I just won this connie on auction and would love some input on the dial. I have never seen a green dial c-shape before. I have seen a brown and a grey, But this is my first time seeing a green one.
Personally I really like it, but havent seen it up close myself. Just took a chance😀

Just asking since you get a lot of colourful redials out of there. That’s all I got. I don’t know the C cases well enough to say if it’s real or fantasy. FWIW the text looks pretty good.

I’m thinking it was a black dial with some discolouration

not sure if i have ever seen an Omega dial go from black to green before though

Just asking since you get a lot of colourful redials out of there. That’s all I got. I don’t know the C cases well enough to say if it’s real or fantasy. FWIW the text looks pretty good.
Ah ok. I do believe the dial is original. There is some cracking in the lacquer that is consistent with similar constellation dials.

I’m thinking it was a black dial with some discolouration

not sure if i have ever seen an Omega dial go from black to green before though
I dont know but seems unlikely. Never seen a black c-chape dial either. The green is to "clean" and consistent in its gradient.

Search a thread here showing just omega c cases

there is a similar dial shown there

I am no expert and have no advice but I can say I have seen green dial Connie’s similar to this in the past. All I can say is I saw them for sale I have no idea if they were legit

Search a thread here showing just omega c cases

there is a similar dial shown there
I did go through the thread but did not see a dial like this. There where dials with same gradient but with other colours. Beige/grey
My search continues😀

I’ve seen plenty of these sunburst-style dials in red, green etc.. If I recall correctly they are normally seen together with the 1000 series movements. Not sure I’ve seen one on a c-case either.

For those interested. Found this one from a 2015 auction. There are some clear similarities. But the gradient starts half way up the indices, while on the dark green it starts on the end of the indices.
Maybe the green is a faded/patinated brown.

To be honest, what would help is photos in natural daylight when you get the watch (which is a beauty, by the way 👍). I suspect the original colour, whatever it is/was, will make itself known then.

These gradient and fumé dials were popular in the early 1970s - I have a deep blue one on my cal 1022 Cosmic 2000. The spiderweb cracking of the lacquer is common though - and is quite pronounced on mine, though I quite like it:

7EB90AC7-470E-4460-87A7-39494C4EF21F.jpeg

83ADF296-BA2B-4145-ADBB-F8DA27D3DF3B.jpeg

(2nd photo courtesy of @Toishome)

..but you can see the difference natural light makes to the colour!

Whatever you have, it’s an attractive dial and I’m looking forward to seeing the wrist shots when it arrives!

For those interested. Found this one from a 2015 auction. There are some clear similarities. But the gradient starts half way up the indices, while on the dark green it starts on the end of the indices.
Maybe the green is a faded/patinated brown.
Nice addition to the collection - seems to be an unusual colour, and very nicely aged.

Looks good to me as well, and I also would have taken a chance on this watch. I've never seen a green fume dial on a C-case Constellation before, but I have seen gray, brown/beige, and oxblood/red fume dials on C-cases (the latter on a gold-capped case similar to this on). Based on the photos of this watch in the C-case thread showing the spiderweb cracking in the lacquer, I highly doubt that it's a redial. Congratulations on a great pick up and looking forward to seeing more photos once it arrives.