Forums Latest Members
  1. CuriousGeorge May 6, 2020

Good morning OF!

Could someone please give me their opinion on whether this combination of a steel case with gold markers and seconds hand was an option or Franken? I kind of like the combination but don't want it if it wasn't meant to be this way.

Have a great day!
    168019.jpg

2. CuriousGeorge May 7, 2020

Ok, seems like this was a tricky question.. I have (again) searched the internet for too many hours and reached the conclusion that gold hands and markers were only offered in gold watches.
    omega varietypack.jpg

Passover likes this.
  3. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 7, 2020

Don’t be too quick to dismiss it as a franken just because you can’t find another easily.
    Omega did some weird and wonderful things with c cases (everyone, including me, had forgotten about the 168.008 until one was posted again recently) and gold hands/indices with a SS case is a known favourite on other Connies.

4. CuriousGeorge May 7, 2020

Thank you for your comment.

I have seen tons of pictures of other Connies that had the steel case and gold hands combo, but if there ever was such an option with the C-shape it must have been way more rare since I have come across maybe 2 or 3 pictures. All seem to stem from England too.

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers May 7, 2020

its interesting that you should say that, as Omega did do 'specials' for certain markets.
    E.g. You'll find that the majority of fully-arabic-numeral Connies are from the UK.
    So it might be similar for this gold indices/SS case combo.

you can count examples of the 168.008 I mentioned on one hand -but they do exist.