Forums Latest Members

Thoughts On this Dealer To Dealer Interaction

1. jblau Oct 12, 2020

Let me know what you guys think on this.

To kick this off, rolex 1 .png Rolex 2 .png rolex 1 .png Rolex 2 .png I sold a watch 1 year ago next month to a "Dealer" in Florida. It was a datejust 41. Box, Papers, Hang Tags, Stickers on the case (In some areas). As part of a trade for a 5508, the 5508 had tons of replaced parts, all not correct but I was fine with all that as part of the trade. The 5508 Was then sold to one of the best Vintage guys in Japan for parts (Again which im fine with). Now here are the facts to make a long story short, let me know what you guys think as this "Dealer" now wants me to take a return or "Knows people" and said he will some how report me for wire fraud and selling a "Fake watch" which is impossible.

I sent him my rolex dJ 41 first, Box, papers, stickers on the case (In some spots), Hang tags, Like new condition. We btw open up all cases before sending the watches the movement was confirmed 100 percent authentic as was everything else. He then confirmed he received the watch (Not sure what he did to inspect it or not) then sent me out the 5508 and in my opinion deal is done. I took all the risk sending mine first but that was the choice i made. Now fast forward a year later he calls me saying he sold the watch to another dealer and now the watch is fake. I said tell me what's fake, first he said the hang tag, i said no way its European and i have confirmed this with 3 other rolex dealers. So i say what else ? he says the case, i said give me an example he said he cant, i said ok give me another example he said the dial and hands, i then again sent the pictures to the same 3 dealers all said the same exact thing. Looks fine. I said send me a picture of the movement with the case open, he does the movement is 100 percent perfect. Now his last thing he says is fake is the bezel and its stainless. So now at this point im like im not taking a return for a couple of facts.

1. You had ample time before sending your watch to inspect mine and return.
    2. you had the watch for over a year.
    3. The watch now has left your hands and went to someone else.

I think in my opinon i am well within my rights to refuse a return at this point, at which point now the threats started from him. I was overly nice and said im sorry this is a year later and the watch has left your hands. i don't believe any dealer would take such a return. Let me know what you guys think. I want to avoid posting his information. Attached also find pictures of the movement.

2. Walrus Oct 12, 2020

After a year. That is crazy.

Mark020, Dogmann, apsm100 and 6 others like this.
  3. kov Trüffelschwein. Oct 12, 2020

::facepalm1::

He’s a dealer. The deal happened one year ago. Whatever he might think now is his problem IMO.

Please name the guy so that I never ever consider dealing with him. Such a behavior from an admittedly professional is a no go.

4. jblau Oct 12, 2020

Im not sure if that is against Omega rules to post such information?? Im happy to post the chat as well but I prefer to not start drama up however i do feel like other dealers should be aware. The now threats after being so illogical with such a request is insane to me.

5. jblau Oct 12, 2020

Just also to be very transparent the deal took place on January 10, 2019 So to be exact almost 10 months ago.

6. jblau Oct 12, 2020

As well you can see in one of the pics the scratches on the lugs on the underside meaning someone took off the bracelet at some point. I just feel like way too much time / Shadyness to warrant such a return at this point. LMK your guys thoughts. I want to make sure im not being unreasonable.

7. Walrus Oct 12, 2020

I don’t think you need to question yourself. I have done a dumb thing like buying a watch assuming it was ok, not wearing it for several weeks and then find a problem but 10 months is just unreasonable, especially if the dude is threatening you.

jblau likes this.
  8. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Oct 12, 2020

Thats not 10 months ago.

9. jblau Oct 12, 2020

Sorry mean 8 months ago. Typo.

10. jblau Oct 12, 2020

Meant*

11. janice&fred Oct 12, 2020

If I were you I wouldn't have even bothered to reply to the guy in the first place, much less post for opinions here. Let him make all the threats he wants. Like kov said, name him here and then I say be done with the jerk.

JohnSteed, apsm100, marco and 6 others like this.
  12. Dan S Oct 12, 2020

Offer to buy it back at a bargain price. :D

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 12, 2020

My response would be piss off.
    Who’s the schmuck?

14. FREDMAYCOIN Oct 12, 2020

Sorry if my math is a little fuzzy, Jan 10, 2019 to today is a year and 9 months?

WatchCor, DaveK and janice&fred like this.
  15. janice&fred Oct 12, 2020

Even if it was 1 month ago, the watch has changed hands from who the OP made the deal with, so now the flake looking for a refund can go pound sand.

16. Marsimaxam Oct 12, 2020

Agree with all. Too much time has passed ,it is as simple as that. There are rules for buyer's remorse, whatever the reason, and generally, depending on the item and regulations all will fall between 72 hours and 14 days. The dealer had ample time to inspect the watch as you stated.
    Move on...

17. peanuts66 Oct 12, 2020

it was very kind of you to respond but there are only two words you need to say to him and the second word is off

18. jblau Oct 12, 2020

His phone is 813

lol

19. jblau Oct 12, 2020

Glad to see all of the omega forums has my back in common sense! hahah. I woke up thinking i was taking crazy pills for a second.

20. connieseamaster Oct 12, 2020

If he feels so strongly about it, he can file a case in small claims court. Unless and until that time, ignore the flea.