Thoughts on this BoR 1036/11

Hi guys,
Over the past week or so I’ve been thinking of putting my Omega Seamaster on a BoR. Here’s my Seamaster:
IMG_3107.jpeg

I found the below on eBay priced at $350 and given that I am no expert, I was hoping to get your views on authenticity/condition. Your help will be greatly appreciated 😀

IMG_0315.png IMG_0316.png IMG_0321.png
IMG_0318.png IMG_0320.png

What is the case reference of your watch. The price of the bracelet is silly if those are USD. They really don’t sell for more than $250 for a nice one.

Also, someone has added some links into that one. You can see on the third row out from the clasp the joints in the links are facing outwards when they should be facing inwards. I don’t believe they can be turned around in situ so you’d need to have them removed and reinstalled the right way. This isn’t a straightforward job with these bracelets.

I’d echo Dans comments around pricing as well. Even in the UK where things are slightly more expansive this is a £200/$270 bracelet

What is the case reference of your watch. The price of the bracelet is silly if those are USD. They really don’t sell for more than $250 for a nice one.
It’s a case ref 2990. I have been looking for a couple of weeks and nothing really popped up on here or eBay so considered this one even though I felt the price was a bit steep. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, someone has added some links into that one. You can see on the third row out from the clasp the joints in the links are facing outwards when they should be facing inwards. I don’t believe they can be turned around in situ so you’d need to have them removed and reinstalled the right way. This isn’t a straightforward job with these bracelets.

I’d echo Dans comments around pricing as well. Even in the UK where things are slightly more expansive this is a £200/$270 bracelet
You see, that’s something I wouldn’t have picked up on. Thanks for educating me 😀

Personally I’d want a 5 row beads of rice, not 7 row for that watch

It’s a case ref 2990. I have been looking for a couple of weeks and nothing really popped up on here or eBay so considered this one even though I felt the price was a bit steep. Thanks for letting me know.
If it's a 2990 case, you're going to want number 12 or 512 end links. The 11 end links won't be a good fit. And Davidt is correct that a five row BOR is more appropriate for this watch than the 7 row bracelet.

You might want to consider purchasing Omega's modern five row beads of rice bracelet, reference 3010, along with a pair of 512 end links. Both the bracelet and the end links can be ordered from any Omega Boutique or through an independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account.. I have this combination on my Ranchero and it fits really well and looks great.
1725394011548.png

Thanks for your suggestions @Davidt and @gbesq. That 5 row looks really nice on your Ranchero. I had also considered trying to find a flat-link bracelet but that proved more difficult.

So you suggest I just order bracelet ref 3010/512 from Omega?
Any other bracelet ref I should consider?

I said that you might want to consider ordering the 3010/512. It will fit your 2990 case and will save you from having to look for a used BOR and a pair of end links that fit, but it will certainly be more expensive than finding something used.

If it's a 2990 case, you're going to want number 12 or 512 end links. The 11 end links won't be a good fit. And Davidt is correct that a five row BOR is more appropriate for this watch than the 7 row bracelet.
If you are sure that #12 end links will fit, I may have something in my hoard. I think I bought a BoR with #12 end links at one point, but never really figured out what it was good for. It never fit any better than #11 end links on any of my specific watches.

If you are sure that #12 end links will fit, I may have something in my hoard. I think I bought a BoR with #12 end links at one point, but never really figured out what it was good for. It never fit any better than #11 end links on any of my specific watches.
I have a pair of 512 end links on my Ranchero and they fit the 2990 case perfectly. As I understand it, the 512 is simply the modern version of the 12 as the 511 is the modern version of the 11. That being said, I have never tried an actual pair of 12 end links on my watch, only the 512's, but I would think that the 12's will fit.

Here is an example of a 7 row on a '69. I am pretty happy with it, but I already had the bracelet in my collection when I purchased the watch. Given the style of your watch, the 5 row would probably be more appropriate. seven.jpeg w3.jpg

I said that you might want to consider ordering the 3010/512. It will fit your 2990 case and will save you from having to look for a used BOR and a pair of end links that fit, but it will certainly be more expensive than finding something used.
Ok. I will try find info on this online and more pictures of how it looks. My only doubt would be how a new bracelet looks on an old watch.

I don’t have an Omega Boutique or AD in country so would have to look at online options. Would you mind sharing how much this cost from Omega?

I would greatly appreciate if you can share details and pictures with me if you do have one.

Here is an example of a 7 row on a '69. I am pretty happy with it, but I already had the bracelet in my collection when I purchased the watch. Given the style of your watch, the 5 row would probably be more appropriate. seven.jpeg w3.jpg
Thanks for sharing how this looks. I believe I have a similar one for my constellation. Gold plated as well. It came with the watch many years ago before I even heard of these bracelets being faked.

I would greatly appreciate if you can share details and pictures with me if you do have one.
Apparently they are somewhat different than #11 endlinks. I found these two watches, both appear to be the same, 165.009 IIRC. The left one has #11 and right one has #12 endlinks. I don't have a 2990 on hand.

IMG_6842.jpeg
IMG_6843.jpeg

Apparently they are somewhat different than #11 endlinks. I found these two watches, both appear to be the same, 165.009 IIRC. The left one has #11 and right one has #12 endlinks. I don't have a 2990 on hand.

IMG_6842.jpeg
IMG_6843.jpeg
Thanks for sharing. It looks like #12 has a flatter profile than the #11 which seems to be curved coming from the case towards the bracelet. If that makes sense 😀