Forums Latest Members
  1. Vintage Lemania Sep 7, 2021

thelinendial likes this.
  2. Donn Chambers Sep 7, 2021

In my opinion, 36mm is the perfect size for this style of watch unless you have really large wrists (talking 7.5 inches plus). The proportions between the dial, watch, and bezel are perfect at 36mm. Any larger, the watch is all dial. Any smaller, the bezel and case tend to dominate.

There’s a reason the 36mm Datejust is considered a classic. I prefer the 36mm Explorer to the 39mm for just this reason.

ckhaing, thelinendial and Thommas like this.
  3. Rado63 Sep 7, 2021

Definitely a rare Omega 36mm watch. Not many Aqua Terra 36mm with a co axial automatic movement. Listing indicates some scratches or dents to the bezel. This wouldn't stop me from acquiring the watch, I would just inspect the case carefully also for dents dings and scratches. The bezel can be replaced at service. The case usually will be stamped with the case number or serial number, so it isn't simple to replace unless you have to but you loose the numbers. If you heard mixed reviews of C & C search C24 and under Omega, 36mm, seamaster Aqua Terra and see what you can find. This watch is in the category that I call "show me another one." Meaning it is difficult to find more of this reference for sale at any given time.

Edited Sep 7, 2021
    thelinendial likes this.
  4. Vintage Lemania Sep 7, 2021

Thanks for the replies thus far folks. These do seem relatively hard to find, at least with the automatic movement and black dial. The majority I see are on ebay from Japan, which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. the 36mm size is very appealing.

5. philips Sep 7, 2021

The older gen. 36mm Railmaster is quite sought after. Personally, I actually prefer it to a Rolex Explorer. 36mm is a classic size, not asking for attention.

thelinendial likes this.
  6. Vintage Lemania Sep 7, 2021

Anyone ever bought from C&C before? Experiences?

7. Doc Olives Sep 7, 2021

I’ve purchased several watches from C&C over the years. You have to be okay with the pricing, but from a truth in listing, customer service and communication perspective, all A+. The one time I had a concern about a watch I received, they took it back, and addressed the issue immediately. Very satisfied customer here.

thelinendial and Syzygy like this.
  8. Scooterino36 Sep 7, 2021

Ive never seen this 36mm AT in the flesh, but I can say that the 38.5 is a perfect size IMO.

ADFE7628-F643-4397-901F-348794B4764D.jpeg
    thelinendial likes this.
  9. MIDirtyBastard Sep 7, 2021

Purchased years ago with an 11 foot pole from Japan. Couldn’t be happier and no plans to ever part with this watch. Perfection in my mind. image.jpg

10. Vintage Lemania Sep 7, 2021

Really does look great on the wrist

11. Fritzer Sep 7, 2021

That definitely is a perfectly sized and beautiful watch. An aqua terra is absolutely on the wishlist!
    I didnt know about the 36mm size, so thanks!

12. Syzygy Sep 7, 2021

I can second what @Doc Olives is saying. I was very happy with the whole experience, communications, and purchase of my first "nice watch".
    Apollo XI - 3592.50 w- display back.jpeg

thelinendial and Doc Olives like this.
  13. maine-iac1 Sep 8, 2021

Love my 36mm. I'm glad a member here turned me onto it. It's my everyday watch, and a nice one at that. This one has the latest and greatest version of the movement, as an added bonus. If you're OK with the price, then this will serve you well for decades to come

Jetguy87 likes this.
  14. Annapolis Sep 8, 2021

I had a 36mm AT (c.2006, purchased from a forum member) and regret parting with it. 36mm is all most people need, and that’s the watch that taught me the lesson. It feels substantial but unostentatious.

I’ve also bought from C&C (another 36mm—this one an Oyster Perpetual) and it was a smooth, honest transaction.

All that said, and as others have suggested too, the price seems a bit steep, especially when it’s selling sans papers. I think I bought my (preowned) AT for about 1600 and sold it for slightly less. This one is newer, granted, and maybe harder to find another example of. But I feel like at 3k you’re entering a price point with some other tempting options (in both new and preowned form).

thelinendial likes this.
  15. Zanzibar Sep 8, 2021

I bought a speedamster from japan and it was one the best transaction I had.
    in my memory this watch came with painted index, still a perfect watch.
    pretty difficult to find at a reasonable price.

16. Vintage Lemania Sep 8, 2021

Must say I love the idea of the 36mm size. I have a 34mm 1980 Rolex Airking and ive always loved how it wears. My wrist is barely 6.5 inches so the smaller watches are really the sweet spot for me. Honestly the only thing giving me a bit of a pause on this one is the price. As you and others have said, its a bit on the steep side. I think I would be more ok with the price if the watch came with the full box set. But who knows, I may still go for it.

17. thelinendial Sep 8, 2021

I had no idea there was a 36mm Railmaster! Something to add to my list.

18. Vintage Lemania Sep 13, 2021

Anyone know when they did away with the co axial 36mm AT? Called crown and caliber and they stated that the serial on this points to 2006 (approx.) I then heard (via an email response to an email I sent before I decided to call) that they think its more like 2002. Thoughts?

19. maine-iac1 Sep 13, 2021

My understanding is that the 2500A was introduced in 2003. Then there were a few generations before the 2500D, which was closer to 2010. Funny, I looked at the link earlier and thought this was a 2500D. Now I see no reference to the version of the 2500. The serial number should tell all in this regard.

20. Zanzibar Sep 13, 2021

Maybe you can ask @Archer, he’ll give you the information you need if he’s able to do so. I’d go this way first, then omega. Nothing beats a reliable source.