Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 Cal. 861 Authenticity Check

Posts
35,645
Likes
39,895
It's an early to mid 1990's regular Moonwatch, solid watch but likely overdue for service so factor that in from a good independent watchmaker too
 
Posts
72
Likes
302
Recently bought a few watches from japan and imported to the US, I was charged 10% import fee
 
Posts
746
Likes
873
Don't underestimate the cost and hassle of a service... with 3590.50s, it's not that difficult to find one that has been serviced recently if you are patient.
 
Posts
2,802
Likes
3,730
Don't underestimate the cost and hassle of a service... with 3590.50s, it's not that difficult to find one that has been serviced recently if you are patient.
Just be wary of claims of service by sellers unless you have documentation from the watchmaker who performed the service. Lots of seller claim a recent service, but to them that means they threw it on a timegrapher, adjusted the timing so it looks good, and maybe added some oil to a few spots without a true service.

Unless I have full documentation of a recent, I buy expecting to need one in the near future.